A119s or A119 Pro?

kidotakon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do most of my driving in the morning with maybe 35% of my miles at night / twilight. I might buy a CellLink B down the road for incidental parking mode but that's not my primary focus. I plan to use this unit for ~18 months and will most likely be going with 2-1 channel units to maximize FPS and bitrate. Is the A119 Pro a better "future proof" camera? Is it better to wait for the A229 over buying 2 A119s? Would two A119 Pros (hypothetically) have better specs than the A229?

The A129 will be like having two A119s front and rear, but just in 2ch form. The A129 will only record 1080p@30fps with front and rear recording.

I would simply wait for the A129 instead of getting two A119S at this point. The advantage of getting two A119S over a A129 is you can record 1080p@60fps. I guess there is also the reduancy of having two separate cams. The A129 will get you wifi, bluetooth remote, simpler cabling for rear cam, small form factor rear cam, and the ease of not having to manage two separate cams.

Two A119 Pros would have better specs as it will have 5mp cams at 1440p. Though A129 will probably still have better night time quality. If I were going to get two seperate cams I would go for the A119 Pro in front and the A119S in rear. A119S in rear would probably be more helpful due to the low light conditions at night. But I would probably just get the A129 if starting from scratch.

Ironically my car got side swiped yesterday; IcShould have jumped on a dashcam earlier. I appreciate the advice, think I'm going to go for a pro front and S rear like you suggested. Thanks for the advice!

Is it better to wait for the A229 over buying 2 A119s? Would two A119 Pros (hypothetically) have better specs than the A229?
Your 4 years waiting for A229 is almost finished, it will be launched in June 2022!.

For the discussion : there is no A229 and the only front dash cam is A119 V3
Onsale @ 85 bucks ... thought ?

The V3 is as good as ever and that price is very good if it's a good seller.

Phil

Back