A129 Fireworks

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
With most cameras I use 30 fps and high ISO for fireworks, with the A129 I used 60 fps, normal settings and a CPL!

Unfortunately there are no fixed white balance or ISO settings so it sometimes gets the exposure a bit off.

I think next time I will turn the camera upside down so that it exposes for the fireworks instead of the sea...

The hot pixel behind the fireworks is the planet Mars, the CPL gets rid of most of the stars:

The A129 makes for a good low light video recorder. If you turn the camera upside down you may be able to mount it on a tripod.

I'm surprised that the CPL does anything to eliminate the stars, unless starlight is polarised?

The A129 makes for a good low light video recorder. If you turn the camera upside down you may be able to mount it on a tripod.

I'm surprised that the CPL does anything to eliminate the stars, unless starlight is polarised?
It mounts nicely on a tripod the right way up, using a gopro frame mount and gopro to tripod adaptor. Makes the buttons hard to access but they don't do anything useful anyway, you can use the wifi to control it if necessary.

Running at 60fps the stars are almost too dark to pick up, the CPL makes them definitely too dark, just using it as a neutral density filter to reduce the light by 1 stop. The reasons I left the CPL on was that I couldn't easily get it off and I suspect that with it removed I would have lost a lot of the colour to over exposure. There are no manual exposure controls for avoiding overexposure. Fireworks look much better when you can see the colours, although the green doesn't seem to have been picked up too well.

Back