A129 Plus duo or Blueskysea B4K + rear? (also a used Blackvue DR750S-2ch)

stelloy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I’m wanting to purchase a new dashcam front + rear for our new vehicle and would like to have it be less than $150.

The B4k is currently $110 on Amazon and the 129 Plus duo is $135.

Now, I currently live in Texas so it is pretty hot but I don’t really drive far, usually around 5-10 minutes of commute time. I’m not too worried about parking features or anything but mostly just worried about it being able to capture what’s in front of me and what’s behind me.

I have the 129 duo on my car hardwired in but never seem to have it on for when the car is parked so I don’t think I’ll be taking advantage of the parking modes.

Which one would be more bang for the buck? I’m thinking the 4k on B4K would be really nice as I’d be able to capture what’s in front of me clearer. But I’m also thinking the 60fps on the 129 would be nice as well to avoid motion blur.

Kind of torn on which one to get as they both seem to offer similar performances minus the 4k vs 2k 60fps.

I’m also able to purchase a Blackvue DR750S-2ch for $100 but I know it is a bit old in that regard as it’s only 1080p 60fps that came out back in 2017.

Maybe that can be better as well. I'm pretty torn.

Find $70 worth of change in your sofa and get the A229 Duo.
Just kidding. lol
-Chuck

I have the Blueskysea B4K 2-channel configuration in one of my cars and I've reviewed that dash camera on my YouTube channel. It's a decent 4K UHD capable dash camera. The thing to be aware of when running in the 2-channel (front and rear) configuration, the video resolution options change. With just the front camera, it can record 4K 30fps front video.

With the rear camera connected:
  • 4K UHD 24fps front / FHD 24fps rear
  • QHD 30fps front / FHD 30fps rear
  • FHD 30fps front / FHD 30fps rear
I have my B4K configured with a video resolution of 4K 24fps front / FHD 24fps rear. The other thing to note is the rear video is a bit choppy (stuttering video) in the 4K 24fps / FHD 24fps resolution setting. I've worked with Blueskysea on investigating the choppy rear video and the end result was that it is as good as it can be for this camera. It captures everything occurring behind the vehicle, just don't expect motion picture quality video from it. I have the B4K configured for time-lapse parking mode (which means using their hardwiring kit as well).

I have several VIOFO dash cameras, just not the A129 Plus Duo. VIOFO dash cameras are decent quality dash cameras. I have the A129 Pro Duo (4K front) installed in my wife's car for the past several years and it has worked well.

I've reviewed several BlackVue dash cameras starting with the DR900S-2CH back in late 2019. The newer DR750X Plus models with 60fps are decent for a 1080p front camera, but I don't have any personal experience with the DR750S-2CH. If you buy the DR750S-2CH and something fails, you'll have no warranty from BlackVue on any problems you might have with it.

I hope this has helped in some way making your purchase decision.

Back