A129 Pro hard wiring without parking mode

curra

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro
l want to hard wire my A129 pro but dont want parking mode. Can l use the HK3 kit and just connect the earth & yellow (acc) leads? Or is there a compatible kit with the correct usb plug/config that will give me power only when the engine is running (or accessory power is on) ?

Yes, I would connect both yellow and red together (as one) if you are not wanting parking mode, then it will turn on immediately with ignition, and turn off with ignition off.

If your sure you don't want parking mode, then just get the cheaper Viofo HK2 2-wire kit.

You could use a 2 wire hardwire kit which is what I had before. But if you currently have a 3 wire kit and don't want to buy a 2 wire, I would personally connect them as usual but then turn parking mode off in the settings. Or I think you could also just connect the red wire from the kit to a switched power fuse and tape off the yellow one and not plug it. That way when the car turns on, it will receive power and should theorically turn on. Like a 2 wire kit.

You could use a 2 wire hardwire kit which is what I had before. But if you currently have a 3 wire kit and don't want to buy a 2 wire, I would personally connect them as usual but then turn parking mode off in the settings. Or I think you could also just connect the red wire from the kit to a switched power fuse and tape off the yellow one and not plug it. That way when the car turns on, it will receive power and should theorically turn on. Like a 2 wire kit.
Yellow wire must be connected.

l already ordered a HK3 kit, wasn't aware of the 2.......l'll try connecting the 2 positives together, appreciate your replies (y)

Back