A129 worth the upgrade ?

cherroudi

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Hello everyone,
I have had the A119 for more than 3months so far, and it is working just as the first day. Now i want to invest in a rear dashcam, but i can't make a choice especially with the new A129 dual channel which was released recently.
so what do you think ? should i stick with A119 for front and get an A119s for the rear or just get the new A129 ?
I

A129's rear camera is half the size of an A119, if stealthy mounting is a priority, I'd go for the A129. If stealth doesn't matter, get an A119S for the rear. Daytime A119 is better.

I had upgraded to the A119 Pro when it came out from an older Aukey camera. Once the A129 became available I decided to go for it because of a 20% off eBay coupon, and quite honestly, I am glad I did. Sure it was a bit tough making the decision having just purchased the A119 Pro a few months earlier but having a 2 channel setup makes for great convenience. Not to mention I wired up the Pro in my second vehicle so it didn't go to waste, lol.

And even though the A129 is 'just' 1080 compared to 1440 of cams like the A119 Pro, I have to say the quality and capability of the A129 is impressive.

Ask yourself this.

Do you want an all in one unit that saves to the one card? Or would you prefer 2 cameras where if ones memory card fails you still have the other camera recording.

Do you have an addittional power socket in the back of your car or would you need to run power from the front?

128gb card in a dual camera will give you roughly 8hrs of recordings front and back. If you had two 128gb cards, one in each camera you will get 16hrs of recording on each camera.

If you have two separate cameras you can't hit the record an incident button on the back camera while you are driving but you can in a dual set up.

We have two cars one with a dual cam set up and he other has 2 sperate cameras. Both have her positives and negatives.

Personally I prefer a dual cam set up for ease of use.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your opinions with me.
As far as am concerned, Having two dual channel in one dashcam set is surely more practical and less sophisticated. However, im afraid about the resolution and mainly the frames per second. That is to say, im used to 1080 60p with my a119 and for me this is the best setting ;1080 30p is not smooth and seems like lagging. The A129 can't record 1080 60p for dual channel and this seems like a disadvantage for me, i don't know why they reduced it to 30p...

Back