A139 + Bluetooth remote button

Nath, please try updating this firmware: A139_V1.6_0721. It fixed the issue of the Bluetooth doesn't work normally after aging.

After updating the firmware, please remember to manually default the camera's settings and press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Nath, please try updating this firmware: A139_V1.6_0721. It fixed the issue of the Bluetooth doesn't work normally after aging.

After updating the firmware, please remember to manually default the camera's settings and press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
Nice, thank you!

Unfortunately the issue persists.

I will try to replace the button and will see. If it doesn't help (which I'm afraid it'll not) I'll try to use only one button at a time to see whether it's not some kind of an interference but since bluetooth technology is about coexistence between devices, it sounds a bit odd to me (if it turns out to be true, than that's quite unpleasant :cry: ).

Anybody else with A139 + bluetooth button combo with any input? :)

Last edited:
Ok, so I've been testing the replacement buttons for quite a while and I have some observations.

I'm unsure whether it's the only reason but it seems like the buttons are lost "sometimes" when dashcam loses power (basically what I mentioned for non-Viofo buttons in my original post). Also, I tried the old buttons in combination with A129Pro and they work without issues even on multiple power cycles.

@VIOFO-Support So isn't possible that there is a settings for specific buttons which should be preserved and which not..?

Please try to re-pair the two machines separately with the buttons. In theory, the remote button will not connect to the dashcam that it hasn't been paired and should preserve the pairing information.

We just did a test when first get them paired to connect, and then reboot the dashcams, the buttons didn't lose connection. So we suppose the problem you met could be caused by the bothering between the two main cams.

Last edited:
Hey, @VIOFO-Support

is it possible to add a feature where double push (or long push) the bluetooth button would turn the A139 off?

Please try to re-pair the two machines separately with the buttons. In theory, the remote button will not connect to the dashcam that it hasn't been paired and should preserve the pairing information.

We just did a test when first get them paired to connect, and then reboot the dashcams, the buttons didn't lose connection. So we suppose the problem you met could be caused by the bothering between the two main cams.
Any plan of adding A139 Setting option to Disable Bluetooth power for owners not using Bluetooth Remote preferring reduced internal heat?

Any plan of adding A139 Setting option to Disable Bluetooth power for owners not using Bluetooth Remote preferring reduced internal heat?
I doubt it consumes that much power to even care about it. It's Bluetooth, technology specifically designed for low speeds, low distances and to draw zero to nothing.

Back