A139 Pro 2ch - App connectivity Issue IPhone

PNW1188

Reaction score
Country
United States
App worked fine for a month. I can’t connect VIOFO App through WiFi on my iPhone now. I’ve tried stuff below but none working.
- reformat mini SD card
- update firmware
- Reboot the camera
- Turn off Cellular on iPhone

Any advice is much appreciated!

If there are other WiFi networks, you may want to try connecting in a different area.
I've noticed recently that I can't connect to the camera at home and in the close neighborhood where (too?) many WiFi networks are available.
Driving just 200~300m further "fixes" the issue and WiFi (5GHz) works like a charm.
AFAIR 2.4GHz was more immune to interference so resetting camera to default settings could help as well.

Last edited:
Turn On the wifi on the camera - long press the wifi button until it says "Wifi Enabled."
Reboot the iPhone.
Manually choose the A139 network on the iPhone wifi setup... Does the camera say "Network Connected"?

You have probably already done those, but you haven't put them in your list...

Turn On the wifi on the camera - long press the wifi button until it says "Wifi Enabled."
Reboot the iPhone.
Manually choose the A139 network on the iPhone wifi setup... Does the camera say "Network Connected"?
If you do the above but are still unable to connect to the iPhone's wifi setup, then forget the network config (press the i icon and then click Forget This Network) and try connecting again when it appears under Other Networks. You'll find if its wifi password is different from what you think it is. If that fails, see if other phones are able to connect.

One other possibility that hasn't been mentioned is whether Apple CarPlay is available in the car.

CarPlay in some vehicles will take priority in connecting the iPhone to its wifi network. I have CarPlay in my Mini, and I have found that the easiest way for me to connect to my A139 pro is to disconnect the iPhone from CarPlay first. I do that by turning off CarPlay entirely in the iPhone's Settings–>General–>CarPlay–>Mini menus. Once I turn off CarPlay, I find that if the A139 Pro's wifi has already been "Enabled" (by turning wifi on with the wifi button on the camera), the iPhone connects almost immediately to the dashcam on its own.

Apple is known for creating (or trying to create) seamless integration for its own ecosystem, and I'm not surprised that the iPhone connects first to CarPlay... there's probably nothing Viofo (or we) can do about this if people want to connect to CarPlay.

After I'm done with transferring dashcam files or whatever else I need to do with the camera using the Viofo app, I re-start recording on the camera, turn off wifi on the camera ("Wifi disabled)" by holding the wifi button on the camera, and then turn CarPlay back on in the iPhone. It's a bit of a pain, but the iPhone is only going to connect to one wifi network at a time and Apple just seems to be trying to make connection between the iPhone and CarPlay in the car "seamless" (automatic).

Thank you all for the advice!!
I was able to connect the app now!

I honestly don’t know what was the true solution for my case. But I did…

- turn off cellular of VIOFO app
- make sure blue WiFi light was on
- forget this network and manually reconnect camera wifi
-turn off recording
-keep iPhone and Camera distance as zero while performing above process (means hold iPhone on top of Camera)

I felt like cellular off and the distance were the key for me..

Thank you so much for all the input!

Back