A139 Pro firmware update issue suggestions?

supplymews4444

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I am having issues updating the firmware on my A139 Pro (currently on 0216). I downloaded the latest firmware (0321) from https://viofo.com/content/75-A139-Pro-Support/ and put it on the root of my micro SD. However, after inserting the card back into the dashcam and powering it on, there is nothing flashing (as if there is no power to the dashcam).

The power cable is working correctly because if I remove the firmware file from the SD card and insert it back in, the power comes on and starts to record normally. I even tried a 32 GB microSD and formatted it as FAT32 in Windows and it still exhibits the same behavior. Does anyone have any ideas? I also have a support ticket opened with Viofo, but they are puzzled as well.

This is what the file structure looks like on my PC:

1682465928556.png

Thanks.

That seems to be exactly what I did - Firmware filename is "FWA139P.bin" (and must be exactly that, for example cannot be "FWA139P (1).bin" as renamed by Windows if there is a filename conflict).

Maybe it some how got corrupted? Try downloading again, make sure the filename doesn't have leading or trailing spaces, copy again to SD card? Make sure you wait for the camera to process and handle the firmware update - At least a minute before you power it off to be safe (I think it does something within 15 sec).

EDIT - I forget if I did this but the instructions say to format (erase) the card, so no DCIM folder along with the firmware file: Format the card first and then download the bin file to the the card and power the camera with card inserted.

Try to use another SD-card, even better with lower capacity and CLASS rate than you use for video records. Formatting SD-card usually is not necessary.

Back