A139 Pro Good Morning ! Does a manual exist for the A39 Pro besides the operator manual ?

Boater551

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed my A139 Pro yesterday and I am attempting to master the file lock function. I managed to save a front and rear recording in 3 minute file size, but now it won't lock anything using the Bluetooth button or the yellow triangle. Does the function need a minimum amount of data per file before locking is permitted? A technical manual must exist somewhere, or does VIOFO expect its customers to learn the product by osmosis or trial & error ?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!

I've never had an issue with the lock feature, especially when using the yellow triangle.
If you have turned the voice off then I strongly recommend turning it back on, at least while you are learning how to use the dashcam.

It can't actually lock the same file a second time, so it may take nearly 3 minutes before you can actually lock a second file, but I think the voice still acknowledges your button press.

If you have stopped it recording then there is nothing to lock, so make sure it is recording before you use the lock button, but it makes a lot of noise if you make that mistake, unless you have turned the beeps off...

Don't know if any of that helps, if not then I think we need more information before we can work out what the issue is...

Thanks for the reply Nigel !

First I formatted the SD memory module (Viofo supplied) utilizing the A139 file format utility.

Voice is on, the only non-default setting is file size set to 3 minutes then drove a mile, and locked the file successfully. Then I set it to 10, drove a different route for a mile, used the Bluetooth button unsuccessfully (no acknowledgement from the A139) then I attempted a lock with the triangle, no lock or acknowledgement from the A139.

I'm thinking of setting the A139 to its default settings then reformatting the memory module. I'll advise later.

I work for a major PLC & Drive manufacturer, and we recommend resetting defaults in all our products when powered up for the first time. During shipment your electronic device is scanned several times, and stray energy can effect memory devices.

Back