A139 Pro sporadically loses WiFi connection and then stops responding until manual power cycle

consequential

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I recently got a 2ch A139 Pro (front/rear camera) professionally installed along with the VIOFO Type-C HK3-C cable.

It all usually works fine but, every 2-3 days, while driving, the camera will report it lost the wifi connection so that only the first 3 lights are lit but the wifi connection light is off and the camera is unresponsive at that point. The wifi network does not appear and I cannot connect to the cam.

The only solution is manually unplugging the usb c power cable from the camera and then plugging it back in. Then it all works again for another 2-3 days until the cycle starts over.

Please note: Turning off/on the car does NOT help here and the first thing I did 2 weeks ago when I had the camera installed was update the firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What brand and model memory card are you using?

Are you using parking mode?

What firmware are you on?

What brand and model memory card are you using?

Are you using parking mode?

What firmware are you on?

Card = SanDisk 256GB MAX Endurance microSDXC

Firmware = Version: V1.1_0321

Parking mode = I don't believe so, I think I'm using the feature where if the car is bumped it will start recording but I'm not having it record while parked unless that happens

You could try a reset of the camera (left side above the Mic socket).

If that fails submit a support ticket to Viofo:

You can try V1.1_0424.

Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update through the app. After the camera reboots, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the cameras for about 5 seconds.

If this does not help, try formatting the card with SDFormatter. Perform the full overwrite, not the quick format. After SDFormatter, place card back in the camera and format again inside the camera.

I noticed that behaviour occasionally with my setup. I was wondering whether it might be something to do with temperature as I think the camera generates more heat with the wifi on? Whatever, I jus hold down the wifi button for a few seconds and the wifi is reactivated. TBH, I now generally deactivate the wifi other than for reviewing captured data or changing the settings.

I noticed that behaviour occasionally with my setup. I was wondering whether it might be something to do with temperature as I think the camera generates more heat with the wifi on? Whatever, I jus hold down the wifi button for a few seconds and the wifi is reactivated. TBH, I now generally deactivate the wifi other than for reviewing captured data or changing the settings.
So sorry for the issue. Do you mean that you have got your phone to connect to the wifi all the way during the driving? The wifi will turn off automatically if it has not been connected after ten minutes. Could you please confirm if it can work well if the wifi is off during driving? It is better not to turn on the wifi when not necessary. The power consumption of the 4K camera is huge already, the long time of operating in wifi will bring more additional heat to the DC.

So sorry for the issue. Do you mean that you have got your phone to connect to the wifi all the way during the driving? The wifi will turn off automatically if it has not been connected after ten minutes. Could you please confirm if it can work well if the wifi is off during driving? It is better not to turn on the wifi when not necessary. The power consumption of the 4K camera is huge already, the long time of operating in wifi will bring more additional heat to the DC.
Thank you for the clarification. As a newbie both to daschcams and the A139 Pro, I was intrigued to see how the cameras were working via my phone as I drove, but the novelty has worn off and now I use the cameras in "fit and forget" mode with the wifi off. Of course this means that I am depending upon the reliability of the cameras to work when needed, so I do check the SD card regularly to confirm that there are both F and R camera streams in the RO folder, and the number of locked stream pairs matches my recollection. I think as I develop confidence in the system, I will stop doing that.

Is there a way to have wifi disabled on bootup or do you have to manually disable it each time? I'd like to try this to further troubleshoot and see if the issue goes away. It happened again yesterday while driving and the temp wasn't bad at all especially in the car's interior.

Is there a way to have wifi disabled on bootup or do you have to manually disable it each time? I'd like to try this to further troubleshoot and see if the issue goes away. It happened again yesterday while driving and the temp wasn't bad at all especially in the car's interior.
I believe if WiFi is off when you shut off the camera, then WiFi will be off on the next bootup.

If you manually disable WiFi before shutting off the camera, it will remain off on the next boot up. If the WiFi was enabled and then disables on its own due to not connecting to a device after 10/15 minutes, it will be enabled at boot up.

Back