A229 Duo stuttering issue

birno

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi,

I bought an A229 Duo about a month ago and have a stuttering issue with the videos.
I wrote to the support weeks ago, but they basically say they don't see the stuttering.
Let me share the details.

Here's the drive link with the raw videos, I don't want to upload them to youtube to avoid extra encoding: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KSPARTuVU3UIJhF-bOVgc1H6NYWqncve?usp=sharing
I'm using the latest firmware: V1.1_1208
First I used a Samsung PRO Endurance microSD 256GB: https://www.samsung.com/hu/memory-storage/memory-card/memory-cardpro-endurance-256gb-mb-mj256ka-eu/.
The "2023_0128_131633_F.MP4" and "2023_0128_131633_R.MP4" were created with this card, the stuttering starts around "1:30" when I turn left from the parking lot but you can see more stuttering after that.
The support said that the card is not supported, only the 128GB version and probably that caused the issue.

I bought a card recommended by them, Sandisk Extreme 256GB: https://www.westerndigital.com/en-a...disk-extreme-uhs-i-microsd#SDSQXAV-256G-GN6MA.
I created new videos with this too, not in the car just in my room to be easier to test the different settings and check on my computer.
The first one is "sandisk_normal.MP4". It has the "Normal" video bitrate settings, the issue exists even with this setting. The timestamps where you can see stuttering: 00:06, 00:11, 00:15, 00:19.
The second one is "sandisk_maximum.MP4" using "Maximum" video bitrate settings. Timestamps: 00:03, 00:08, 00:12, 00:17, 00:21.
The third one is the "sandisk_maximum_slow.MP4" using "Maximum" video bitrate settings and contains slower hand movement. I was curious if the issue relates to movement speed or not. It has stuttering too, but less: 00:10, 00:22.
I played back the videos on the camera too and they have the same stuttering, so it's definitely not a computer player issue.

After this the videos were sent to the engineering team, then they asked me to create a video where I show the stuttering. The engineering team used VirtualDub so I used that too.
The videos are "stutter_between_frame_196-197.mkv" and "stutter_between_frame_344-345.mkv".
These are just samples, I did not cover all the stuttering parts.
In both cases, the file name contains the frames where the skip happens and in the video, I repeat the problematic part multiple times.
Plus I show samples where skip does not happen, just to see the range of motion and smoothness difference between the two.

The answer to this was:
"In the video, we notice you moved your hand.
Is it possible the different range you moved that caused the skip?"
I tried to move my hand as steadily as possible, but of course, the range could be different, but it will not cause stuttering, the motion should be seamless independently from the movement range, especially because cars around me will move faster.

First, could you guys confirm that the stuttering exists in the mentioned videos and that I'm not just imagining it? :)
Secondly, any idea how to solve this?
Are there others who experience the same with the latest firmware?

I bought Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB and everything works fine. No stuttering.
Why did you buy 256GB and not 128GB?

Just to have more space for recording during a long drive or if I want to use parking mode for the night for example.

I bought a 128GB Sandisk Max Endurance card.
The same issue happens with this card too.

Does it stutter if you watch the video back on the camera itself?

I'm referring to the actual LCD screen on the A229, not the app. You've confirmed the stutter while watching from the A229 LCD screen?

Just installed the A229 Duo and observed the pumping effect a well on FW 1.1
It seems to appear especially on turning with high bit rates (e.g. trees in picture).
Just upgraded to FW 1.2 and will check if situation improves.

Back