A229 Plus will not recover power up after temperature drops

makeitrain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Note: The A229 Plus is the ONLY camera in my arsenal that is exhibiting this behavior. The other cameras that I have that I am using simultaneously in my car are:
BlackVue DR450
BlackVue DR650
70Mai A810S
Viofo A129 V3

Here is the problem! The camera along with several others are all plugged into the 12V cigarette power. On a Tesla, when sentry mode is on, the car will constantly enable the 12V cigarette when no driver is present. That means all the cameras in my car that runs on the 12V cigarete adapter front and rear, will stay powered on and record (and in parking mode if activated). At some point, in the hot summer, the car's cabin will reach 140F. At this point, the 70MAI A810S and the Viofo A229 Plus will both shutdown for heat protection.

At some point in time later, when the driver returns back to the car and the temperature of the cabin is reduced due to AC, after driving for 5 minutes, the 70Mai A810S will recover automatically... and it will reboot or restart. The Viofo A229 Plus, however, will remain off or standby for the remaining duration of the drive. The ONLY way to get the Viofo A229 Plus to power on again is:
1) Press the 'PWR' button
2) Unplug/replug the cigarette 12V

Note that, at NO time, was power ever lost for the 12V cigarette. Both the 70Mai A810 and Viofo A229 Plus share the same 12V cigarette with a USB splitter. It's just that for some reason, the Viofo A229 Plus is NOT able to recover once the temperature drops without the user manually pressing 'PWR' again. I wish the A229 Plus, like the 70Mai A810, can just recover automatically once the temperature drops. Anyone know how to fix this or perhaps a firmware update?

Back