A229 Pro App Not Working

Scatman12

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed the two channel A229 Pro a couple of weeks ago, hardwired it, and it has been working fine up until now. A couple of days ago I started getting the following message when I used the app - Error: Failure to connect to 192.168.1.254 (port 80). The Wifi connects and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) connects every time. When I bring up the app, the live camera initially comes on, then I get the error message when I push any buttons and the live feeds goes dark. Power cycling the phone and A229 doesn't change anything, and I get the same error message. Tried with another phone and got the same results. Any ideas?

I notice when i connect the first time with my s23 it disconnects right away but then i press connect and its working fine.

Be sure both the camera and app are running the latest versions.

I notice when i connect the first time with my s23 it disconnects right away but then i press connect and its working fine.
That's what mine did initially, and it always worked the second time. Now it's just the error message every time. I'll re-download the app and give it a shot. The A229 is running the latest version.

Try maybe switching to a different ghz range on the camera, if you're on 5ghz then go 2.4ghz and vice versa. When you first connected to it and it said there's no internet on this wifi did you say "always connect"?

I installed the two channel A229 Pro a couple of weeks ago, hardwired it, and it has been working fine up until now. A couple of days ago I started getting the following message when I used the app - Error: Failure to connect to 192.168.1.254 (port 80). The Wifi connects and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) connects every time. When I bring up the app, the live camera initially comes on, then I get the error message when I push any buttons and the live feeds goes dark. Power cycling the phone and A229 doesn't change anything, and I get the same error message. Tried with another phone and got the same results. Any ideas?
Please make sure both the app the the firmware version are the latest one and try again to confirm if you can use the app successfully.

I have the latest firmware - V1.1_231208, and I deleted and re-installed the app. I can connect my phone to the A229 wifi connection every time, but the app won't connect to the camera. As soon as the live video screen comes up, I get the error message.

I have the latest firmware - V1.1_231208, and I deleted and re-installed the app. I can connect my phone to the A229 wifi connection every time, but the app won't connect to the camera. As soon as the live video screen comes up, I get the error message.
Try turning off the phones 4G
While i don't get an error I'm unable to view the screen if it is on. Apparently this is an iphone only problem but it's worth a try.

Also make sure your phone is allowing the camera/app to have access to the local network.

Worth a go.

Cheers

I deleted and re-installed the app.
Deleting, and re-installing the APP does not confirm it’s the latest Version.
If you would be so kind, and you can manage it, please post a screenshot of your APP version.
See attached screenshots for example.
iOS = Version 4.0
Android = Version 3.2.14
If you’re on the latest version of the APP, try a different device, (smartphone, tablet, etc).
If the malfunction does not happen with another device, that will help you diagnose the malfunction with your “main” device.
-Chuck

Attachments

• Android .jpg
    Android .jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 8
  • iOS .png
    iOS .png
    96.1 KB · Views: 8
I have two android phones (Samsung S21 Ultra and S21), and they both have the same result. When I get to the main screen on the app showing the live view, any button press brings up the error message. Sometimes the camera view appears and sometimes it doesn't. However, the phone shows the app version as 3.2.14. Viofo support gave me something to try, so I'll give that a shot when I get a chance. The strange thing is that it has been working fine for the past couple of weeks since installation, and nothing has changed on either the A229 Pro or the phone(s).

I have two android phones (Samsung S21 Ultra and S21), and they both have the same result. When I get to the main screen on the app showing the live view, any button press brings up the error message. Sometimes the camera view appears and sometimes it doesn't. However, the phone shows the app version as 3.2.14. Viofo support gave me something to try, so I'll give that a shot when I get a chance. The strange thing is that it has been working fine for the past couple of weeks since installation, and nothing has changed on either the A229 Pro or the phone(s).

Check your Phones OS version.

It looks like there has been an update for the Samsung S21 phones for America.
Check what version of Operating system you have currently and if it got the new Security Update, SMR (Security Maintenance Release) then this might be the cause.

The latest security patch fixes 75 security vulnerabilities, seven of which are deemed critical, in Android and Samsung One UI. It also fixes vulnerabilities in smartphones powered by select Exynos chips, but those don't apply to the Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra sold in the USA.

This may help Viofo in finding a solution if it is app related.

Here's some reading.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...ecember-security-update-in-the-us/ar-AA1lOsvL

and here
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s21-december-2023-security-update-usa/

Thanks, LateralNW. I'm on Android version 14, One UI version 6.0 and SMR Dec-2023 Release 1. I remember now updating both phones recently when I received the update message.

Thanks, LateralNW. I'm on Android version 14, One UI version 6.0 and SMR Dec-2023 Release 1. I remember now updating both phones recently when I received the update message.
My S23 Ultra (One UI 6 and the December security update) connects flawlessly with the A229 Pro. Newest App and Firmware versions installed.
Do you have some kind of VPN or something else set up with your phone that might cause this?

I don't think so, but I'll turn everything off and try again. It worked perfectly for the first few weeks on two Samsung phones, then both started getting the error message. The only change on both was the IOS update. I'm still trying to get my hands on an iPhone to see if it works on that platform. Thanks for the info.

My S23 Ultra (One UI 6 and the December security update) connects flawlessly with the A229 Pro. Newest App and Firmware versions installed.
Do you have some kind of VPN or something else set up with your phone that might cause this?
My s23 always disconnects the first time but works the second time ‍♂️

I was able to borrow an iPhone, downloaded the Viofo app, and it worked with no issues. So I went back to my Samsung phones and shut down all but basic apps, including the VPN as per Julian23. The Viofo app is now working on both phones. The strange part is that the VPN has been connected since day one of the Viofo installation (about six weeks), and I didn't get the error message until after the recent IOS upgrade. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I was able to borrow an iPhone, downloaded the Viofo app, and it worked with no issues. So I went back to my Samsung phones and shut down all but basic apps, including the VPN as per Julian23. The Viofo app is now working on both phones. The strange part is that the VPN has been connected since day one of the Viofo installation (about six weeks), and I didn't get the error message until after the recent IOS upgrade. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Glad to see that you were able to find the source of the issue and got it to work :D
Maybe some updates to the VPN and/or the Viofo APP caused the issues after it was working in the beginning.

Back