A229 Pro best buy

Orion Supernova

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Thanks heaps for building this community, it really helps new people like me dive into getting a dashcam for the first time.

So after a few days of casual trolling through the posts here, and checking out the best bang for buck lists, i have decided the VIOFO A229 Plus 3CH will best suit my foreseeable needs, and then some.

I have found a fairly detailed guide from which i have confidence that my meager handyman skills can handle, so I am looking to get the hardwire kit and I know that my car has the Mini ATS fuse system.
Additionally i was also seriously considering the antiglare lens, and to a lesser degree the bluetooth button.
The last item however i feel may not be needed due to the voice activation. (Convince me either way)

The trouble came from when i went to try and find a way to purchase this, as sadly the AU site only lists the 2 channel version.
Does anyone know a good seller in Australia, or is it worth getting it shipped in from their US site?

Voice commands work pretty well, although I have had a couple of times that it locks a video without me saying anything. Also I have to turn the radio down, otherwise it doesn't hear me. I didn't get the cpl filter, although it would be nice to have as I definitely see reflections from the dash, I just can't be bothered taking it off at night and putting it on during the day

Back