A229 Pro BT Button after update not working?

DaveX81

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,
I got my A229 Pro on a special offer with BT Button (the old one with just one key).
As i saw that the new firmware allow to program the button i was really happy cuz i hoped i can turn of the cam easier while parking in my garage (v 1.3 june).
I was confused as well that newer firmware should be available with OTA (was not the case).

But after update the button doesn’t work. I paired the button again but still nothing (blinks blue). It doesn’t even lock the vid anymore…

Does the new firmware don’t support the old button anymore? Saw in the settings that i can change 2 buttons (but have just one).

Best regards
David

Hi,
I got my A229 Pro on a special offer with BT Button (the old one with just one key).
As i saw that the new firmware allow to program the button i was really happy cuz i hoped i can turn of the cam easier while parking in my garage (v 1.3 june).
I was confused as well that newer firmware should be available with OTA (was not the case).

But after update the button doesn’t work. I paired the button again but still nothing (blinks blue). It doesn’t even lock the vid anymore…

Does the new firmware don’t support the old button anymore? Saw in the settings that i can change 2 buttons (but have just one).

Best regards
David
Maybe try resetting the camera and pairing the button again.

Supports. The old and new remote control work on all models in terms of blocking the file from being overwritten.
The new remote control has 2 additional buttons that are configured in new models.
New firmware for old models is also expected to be released to support the configuration of the new remote control.

Hi,

Best regards
David
Reset the camera as below and try again:
1725449741123.png

What is the difference between reseting the camera as shown above (System Settings Menu) vs using the small hard reset button on the side of the unit?

What is the difference between reseting the camera as shown above (System Settings Menu) vs using the small hard reset button on the side of the unit?
The button on the side does not default the cameras settings, it only power cycles the camera (and clears some kind of memory buffer I believe).

I exchanged the button. I realized that the main button is not configurable. So the new settings are exclusiv to the new btr200 anyway.

With the new button (btr200) everything is working but there is no audio confirmation for video protected. So i can just see the yellow triangle on the display without audio feedback.
I did a reset but nothing changed. The audio confirmation is still not there. So maybe it was even working before with the old button but without the confirmation.

Is there a reason the update was not available OTA? This was the new great function of 1.1 isn’t it?
And the audio confirmation would be great to get it back.

Last edited:
Back