A229 pro date/time issue.

g758085231

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
I found a serious problem of a229 pro.Rtc battery didn't work on a229 pro without gps module.
Everytime I ignite my car in the basement where can't receive gps signal.The date/time will roll back at 2022/01/01 till receive signal. So it keeps rewriting the previous one with the same file name "2022_0101..." after ignition.
Check my video, hope u can do some test on it.Thank you!
Firmware:20231208

I found a serious problem of a229 pro.Rtc battery didn't work on a229 pro without gps module.
Everytime I ignite my car in the basement where can't receive gps signal.The date/time will roll back at 2022/01/01 till receive signal. So it keeps rewriting the previous one with the same file name "2022_0101..." after ignition.
Check my video, hope u can do some test on it.Thank you!
Firmware:20231208
Contact support:

Set the menu to the correct time zone for your region.
I've tried it.The problem is Rtc battery doesn't keep the date/time if it can't receive gps signal immediately after ignition.
The first video's file name after ignition would be "2022_0101...".
It will be overwritted when this happen again.

It will be overwritted when this happen again.
Have you solved this problem?
(Someone here already described this defect and its solution!!
Everything was similar for me, the culprit was found, it was a metallized tape that covered the battery, ionistor, it shorted it, threw out this tape and everything became OK!!...

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 29
Have you solved this problem?
(Someone here already described this defect and its solution!!
Everything was similar for me, the culprit was found, it was a metallized tape that covered the battery, ionistor, it shorted it, threw out this tape and everything became OK!!...
Yes,I removed the tape on battery then everything works fine.

It is good to have thinking factory workers, but even for them some times thinking can be bad.
Good you have resolved the problem.

Back