A229 Screen Flickering

spb

New Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2013
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Country
United States
Just noticed that my A229 screen is flickering.

Took it out of the car and connected it to power via USB-C. The same result.
Please see attached picture (did not find a way to share a video)

Any thoughts on the root cause and corrective action?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6523.webp
    IMG_6523.webp
    308.6 KB · Views: 229
I've not seen that fault before.
Could be a loose connection for the screen cable inside.

It is probably sensible to return it, depending on where you purchased it?
But check with @VIOFO-Support support first, either here or on the Viofo website, just in case there was a bad firmware or something that you can easily fix yourself.

You can use Youtube or Google Drive to upload videos fairly easily, and then post a link here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: spb
Since I already wired the rear camera I would rather just replace the main camera.

It was bought from VIOFO. You mentioned @VIOFO-Support - does it mean they were notified and should respond in this thread? Or should I message them directly?
 
Since I already wired the rear camera I would rather just replace the main camera.

It was bought from VIOFO. You mentioned @VIOFO-Support - does it mean they were notified and should respond in this thread? Or should I message them directly?
Write here:
Describe the problem and attach photos and videos.
 
You mentioned @VIOFO-Support - does it mean they were notified and should respond in this thread?
Yes, they should have got a notification, and should respond at some point, but since you bought it from Viofo, I suggest you click on Karagandinez's link and fill in a support request, which goes to the same people I think, but might get a faster response. You could message them on here, but they will probably see the notification anyway.

Explain in the support request that you don't want to uninstall the rear.


In general, for the USA, you get easier returns and faster support, in USA english instead of Chinese english, if you buy through someone like CaptureYourAction. For UK, the Viofo shop on Amazon works well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: spb
Thanks for your help. Ticket submitted via link above.
 
Back
Top