Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
1.) 100 Mbps Bitrate 4K channel
2.) 50 Mbps Bitrate 2K channel
3.) 60fps option BOTH channels, (not just front)
4.) 50/50 Horizon Line Adjustment, (LCD Screen & Live View APP)

1.) Vantrue Alignment Line .jpg
7.) 50% Road & 50% Sky Horizon Alignment Line  .jpg

5.) Selectable Text Overlay at top, or bottom.

4.) Top Of The Screen .png

6.) Selectable color Text Overlay with black background to increase legibility, (yellow / white).

2.) A129 Plus .png
3.) GNET Yellow On Black .png

7.) Identical Character Size Text Overlay, (4K & 2K channels)

5.) 4K Too Small .png
6.) 2K Correct Size .png

8.) 4TB SD Card support;
https://petapixel.com/2024/08/08/sa...m-4tb-into-a-microsd-and-8tb-into-an-sd-card/
9.) Voice Command guard phrase; “OK Viofo”
10.) Voice Command; “Turn On HDR” & “Turn Off HDR”
11.) Voice Notification; “GPS Connected” & “GPS Disconnected”
12.) Impact Only Parking Mode with 1 second wake up, and sub 1 Watt power consumption while sleeping.
13.) 300° Front Camera Lens Adjustment (ability to show passenger compartment)
14.) True wireless OTA firmware updates
15.) No Cloud, no Radar, no ADAS, no Geo-Fence, no Smart AI, no H.265 (keep H.264 until 2035), no Speed & Red Light Camera Alerts, no lane departure detection, no pedestrian detection etc.
No bells & whistles that are not related to image quality, reliability, durability.
16.) Coax cable from original A229 Duo (2022) for rear camera, (not A139 Pro coax cable).
17.) Built-in swivel mount for rear camera to allow left & right adjustment, (in addition to 360° up & down).
18.) Available Recording Time in addition to “Free Space on Card” in APP
Models with LCD screens display Available Recording Time in the top right corner when recording is stopped

9.) Free Space on Card .jpg
10.) Available Recording Time .jpg

19.) CPL-600 & CPL-700
Just kidding, why do we have 5 different CPL Filters, why can’t we have one filter that fits all cameras?
Again, modularity.

11.) .png

20.) 24 Month Warranty, (30 Months with product registration)
21.) Selectable medium roast with light foam.
Karagandinez: “Why ask him to make coffee?”
22.) Wi-Fi & Bluetooth compatibility with 4K Smart TV’s to view recorded footage wirelessly, similar to mirroring your iPhone screen to TV with AirPlay.

Last edited:
to view recorded footage wirelessly, similar to mirroring your iPhone screen to TV with AirPlay.
You already have that on all Viofo dashcams, except the A119 V3, via the phone app.

There is no point in having it on the camera itself, because as you press the controls on the camera, you won't be able to see your TV in your living room! You need to use the phone app, so that it works on the TV in your living room, wherever your children are driving your car with the camera connected to the internet via the car's wifi hotspot.

You already have that on all Viofo dashcams, except the A119 V3, via the phone app.

There is no point in having it on the camera itself, because as you press the controls on the camera, you won't be able to see your TV in your living room! You need to use the phone app, so that it works on the TV in your living room, wherever your children are driving your car with the camera connected to the internet via the car's wifi hotspot.
That’s not what I’m talking about.
I’m not talking about accessing the live view in real time using cloud technology.
Sorry for the bad description.

What I mean is this;
1.) You’re out driving, and capture something interesting.
2.) Upon returning home you remove the front camera main unit, and bring it in the house.
3.) You power up the front camera main unit to a Power Bank.
4.) You turn on the camera’s Wi-Fi, and pair it to your 75” 4K Smart TV so you can watch your recorded footage.

Of course you could remove the SD Card, and insert it in your laptop, and then connect the laptop to the 75" 4K TV with an HDMI cable.
What I'm talking about eliminates the need for the laptop, and HDMI cable.
Are you saying we already have this capability?

I’m not talking about accessing the live view in real time using cloud technology.

What I mean is this;
2.) Upon returning home you remove the front camera main unit, and bring it in the house.
4.) You turn on the camera’s Wi-Fi, and pair it to your 75” 4K Smart TV so you can watch your recorded footage.

Of course you could remove the SD Card, and insert it in your laptop, and then connect the laptop to the 75" 4K TV with an HDMI cable.
The best solution is to use an HDMI cable to watch the video on TV.

If I park my car in front of my house, turn the dashcam wifi on, then go into my living room, turn on my Apple TV, connect my iPhone to the dashcam, run the Viofo App on the iPhone, then mirror the iPhone screen onto the TV, then yes, I can watch the video recorded by the dashcam on my TV, and it works with any Viofo dashcam. This is easy to do.

I can of course remove the dashcam, bring it into the house, plug it into a powerbank, and then turn wifi on, which might be necessary if the car is parked beyond wifi reach, then it will work exactly the same. Although normally I will connect to the dashcam in the car, download the video to the phone, then take the phone+video to my living room, where I can then watch it on the TV, either by iPhone screen mirroring, or AirPlaying the video on the TV from the phone.

If the dashcam would connect to the car's wifi hotspot, and the app would connect to the dashcam over the internet, then you could do the same while your children are out driving the car, and see the live view or access the files. That does not currently work, but only because it is not easy to make the connection between app and dashcam, the app already works, the dashcam already works, it is only the connection that has something missing, and it shouldn't be hard for Viofo to provide that little missing piece, it does not need LTE/4G on the dashcam, many cars already have a wifi hotspot, or the dashcam could connect to a phone hotspot for internet access, so the dashcam, phone, and TV can then all have internet access, but currently, for some reason, can't communicate with each other!

What I mean is this;

Why not cast from the Viofo app to Fire TV or Chromecast built in that's already on Google TVs? Sounds overly convoluted to bring out the HDMI and laptop.

Sounds overly convoluted to bring out the HDMI and laptop.
I agree.
I just want to watch the recorded footage on a 75” TV without the need of;
1.) Laptop
2.) Smartphone
3.) Apps

It looks like Viofo’s solution is to connect the camera to the TV with an HDMI cable.
I can live with that because it eliminates the need for a laptop, smartphone, and APP.
I just realized you can remove the SD Card, and insert it directly into the TV’s USB-A input with the included Viofo Brand micro SD Card reader.

1 .png

This means you don’t need to buy a mini HDMI to full size HDMI cable.
I think I’ll try this right now.

2 .jpg

I just realized you can remove the SD Card, and insert it directly into the TV’s USB-A input with the included Viofo Brand micro SD Card reader.

1 .png
@Agie
@Nigel
I just tried this, and it works incredibly well.
1.) I removed the SD Card from an A229 Pro 3-CH, and inserted it into the included Viofo Brand micro SD Card reader.
2.) I inserted the SD Card reader loaded with the micro SD card, and the TV recognized it in 2 seconds.
3.) I followed the on screen prompts with the remote, and was able to watch the recorded footage.
The quality is great, there is absolutely no buffering, or lag.
It has built in controls to play, pause, fast forward, rewind, skip ahead / back by 10 seconds.
It works beautifully.
See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• 5 .jpg
    5 .jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 4 .jpg
    4 .jpg
    122 KB · Views: 10
  • 3 .jpg
    3 .jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2 .jpg
    2 .jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1 .jpg
    1 .jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 6 .jpg
    6 .jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 10
My first dash cam purchased in 2010 had a mini HDMI port and came with an included cable.

The camera ran on a drop-in replaceable 2 inch x 1-1/4 inch x 1/8 inch lithium cell phone type battery. It was designed so that if you got into a car accident you could easily un-clip the camera from its mount and take it outside your vehicle to document the damage and maybe record the other driver's behavior and comments.

Anyway, because of the battery it was easy to just plug the camera into a flat screen TV and view your dash cam videos straight off the camera. Back then dash cams were transitioning from mostly 720p to 1080p and this one was 1080p. Even though video quality was nothing like we have today I remember the first time I hooked the cam up to my TV it blew my mind! It far outperformed the MiniDV camcorder I had at the time.

HDMI worked beautifully and easily back then and I don't see why it shouldn't still work now. Just plug the camera into a 5V power supply and you're good to go! K.I.S.S !

A USB card reader works too. That's also something that's been around since the stone age on flat panel TVs. Some TVs even have built in card slots.

@Agie
@Nigel
I just tried this, and it works incredibly well.
1.) I removed the SD Card from an A229 Pro 3-CH, and inserted it into the included Viofo Brand micro SD Card reader.
2.) I inserted the SD Card reader loaded with the micro SD card, and the TV recognized it in 2 seconds.
3.) I followed the on screen prompts with the remote, and was able to watch the recorded footage.
The quality is great, there is absolutely no buffering, or lag.
It has built in controls to play, pause, fast forward, rewind, skip ahead / back by 10 seconds.
It works beautifully.
See attached screenshots.
That's another easy way bypassing HDMI, as Dash said just about every TV since 15 years ago has a USB port and some sort of file browser to watch videos. Nice.

every TV since 15 years ago has a USB port and some sort of file browser to watch videos.

Attachments

• Firmware .jpg
    Firmware .jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Model Number .jpg
    Model Number .jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 5
  • File List A119 Mini 2 .jpg
    File List A119 Mini 2 .jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Does Not Compute .jpg
    Does Not Compute .jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 6
That's the one downside that I remember vividly from back in the day *cough cough, pirated shows and movies*, where codec support was very poor. My 2016 Sony TV has just about all of the most recent codec support via USB, and if it didn't then Kodi had it.

And God I hated the terms smart and dumb TV, thank god that all blew over lol.

The A329 will be the best dashcam for video transfer, download, and viewing.
That sounds great.

What about “night time” HDR performance?
It took 6 months to fix that on the A229 Pro after it was released to the public.
I’m sure the hardware will be 100% complete, but I hope the A329 firmware is functional / acceptable right out of the gate.
I’m rooting for you.

The most important thing is, will switching HDR also interrupt recording?
Are you talking about when HDR is enabled / disabled automatically when using the HDR Timer Setting while your driving down the road?
If recording is stopped, and restarted I could see how you could miss an important detail.

Are you talking about when HDR is enabled / disabled automatically when using the HDR Timer Setting while your driving down the road?
Yes, or when HDR is turned on/off using the HDR button on the remote control.
I think @vvs49 is complaining about the short gap in recording when switching.

Back