A810 skips 15 minutes during timelapse mode

Compelica

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi everyone - am new to dashcams and I recently got a global A810 with the official non-4G hardwire kit.

The dashcam works great during driving, with no interruptions and all the features work well, except for timelapse mode. It would capture 15 minutes of footage (based on the on-screen video time), then stop for 15 minutes and then resume again after 15 minutes. So if I started timelapse mode at 7:00PM, I would get timelapse footage of 7:00 to 7.15, 7:30 to 7:45, 8:00 to 8:15 and so on.

In the app the timeline shows it as a continuous capture with no gaps in between. I would expect that the A810 would capture timelapses continuously until it enters another mode. I have reported this via the app to 70Mai but I have yet to get a response.

Is anyone facing this same issue? Thanks!

Hi everyone - am new to dashcams and I recently got a global A810 with the official non-4G hardwire kit.

The dashcam works great during driving, with no interruptions and all the features work well, except for timelapse mode. It would capture 15 minutes of footage (based on the on-screen video time), then stop for 15 minutes and then resume again after 15 minutes. So if I started timelapse mode at 7:00PM, I would get timelapse footage of 7:00 to 7.15, 7:30 to 7:45, 8:00 to 8:15 and so on.

In the app the timeline shows it as a continuous capture with no gaps in between. I would expect that the A810 would capture timelapses continuously until it enters another mode. I have reported this via the app to 70Mai but I have yet to get a response.

Is anyone facing this same issue? Thanks!
Of course, the timelapse must be recorded continuously.

Can you show a screenshot of your album in the app?
Have you checked the video recordings on the memory card also have a gap of 15 minutes?

What kind of memory card do you have? How old is your car battery?

@lisabon_Q3

Thanks for having a look. Memory card is a Sandisk Endurance 128GB C10 card, and the car battery is about 2 years old. I have to note that I can capture timelapse footage across 2 days, over the weekend when the car isn't driven - which doesn't seem to indicate an issue with the battery. I suppose if it was, the videos would be mid-interrupted and not conveniently spaced over 15 minutes.

Normal videos (captured during driving) do not have this gap; it is continuous. I do not get any errors while recording normally either.

I've recorded my app use here which shows the issue. The timeline shows a 30 minute gap between videos, but when watching the video it ends 15 minutes after the start time and immediately jumps 15 minutes ahead.

@Compelica
Your video ends at the most interesting place. Show a screenshot of the "Timelapse" folder. And once again, if you open the memory card through the computer, do you also see these intervals of 15 minutes in the video folder "Timelapse"?

@Compelica
Your video ends at the most interesting place. Show a screenshot of the "Timelapse" folder. And once again, if you open the memory card through the computer, do you also see these intervals of 15 minutes in the video folder "Timelapse"?
To my surprise the Timelapse folder actually shows all footage, including the 15 minutes videos that I initially thought were missing. A relief really as I thought I had hardware issues with the dashcam or the hardware kit.

Will report to 70mai in the meantime on this bug. Does yours show the same @lisabon_Q3 ?

To my surprise the Timelapse folder actually shows all footage, including the 15 minutes videos that I initially thought were missing. A relief really as I thought I had hardware issues with the dashcam or the hardware kit.

Will report to 70mai in the meantime on this bug. Does yours show the same @lisabon_Q3 ?
No, I don't have that problem. Then try to check on another smartphone. Is the 70mai app the latest version? And I would also advise reinstalling the application and granting all permissions for the application (especially location access)

Reinstalled the app and the issue still persists. However I don't have another phone to test, I would assume any issues with apps are phone-agnostic.

Strange that no one else faces this problem...

Back