About to return this thing

pearlpower

Reaction score
Country
United States
To say I am underwhelmed with Thinkware is an understatement. The app and software support is atrocious. I also have a Blackvue and while not perfect the software and apps do work (albeit the POS overheats and shuts down in hot weather). I cannot view my camera and footage while in parking mode (home wifi) with my U1000. The IOS app does not work as settings is blank, so I have to use my Note10 to adjust settings. The PC viewer on their website gives me an error, cannot even download it (yes, correct OS). This is just bad, really bad. Likely going back to Amazon and getting the newest Blackvue, which I understand no longer shuts off in hot weather. I have 6 vehicles, all have dashcams including older Thinkware units which are fine, but their cloud and remote access is misery to the very definition. Just my rant, for what is is worth.

You should steer clear of smart cameras, just have more things to go wrong.

I used to be the biggest BV fan, especially the design and their PC software, which i find better than TW
but they have serious overheating issues. (And With every new model they say they fixed it....)

I do think the F750 was one of the most reliable TW camera

You don't need the viewer to look at videos. just plug the SD card into your computer and/or your phone and you can look at the videos.

If you want reliable cloud access, BV is probably your best bet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M U1000 4
pearlpower U1000 1
M U1000 8
Back