AC29 firmware

JamesDee

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas 7900 and UPS backup module
I downloaded the new firmware version for my Lucas 7900 tonight, and after adding the new firmware version to the SD card then formatting the SD card, using the viewer, when I install the SD card into my camera , I no longer get the version number being displayed on power up, and only "0000" comes up on the display, then it will go into recording mode.
It seems to be recording okay, but I can no longer verify the version number on power up.
I contacted Lucas, and am waiting back on a reply, as to what may be the problem.

One thing I wasn't sure of, was that when I downloaded the firmware version, there was 3 files there.. One was "firmware", one was "firmup" and one was a text file.
I tried first just adding the "firmware" to the SD card, that didn't work, so I added all 3 files, and still the same problem.

I found the directions of course after the fact, and I guess I was suppose to add all 3 files at the same time when I first did the firmware update... So maybe only adding the firmware file by itself , may have caused my problem, of the display reading "0000" when it boots.
Any idea how I can correct this ?

Last edited:
Hi James it looks like the viewer is now 1.8.3.0 I was using a pre-release version 1.8.2.0 and pre-release firmware not sure if the final version is the same as the one I was testing so am in the process of downloading now. Next step is to transfer it into the camera :( fingers crossed I get it right Catch you all later. Regards Ipol

Hello James.Ya registered neskbolko days ago, I am writing for the first time, that can not advance izvinyayus.Dve weeks ago bought lukas7900 firmware AC25. 27sentyabrya flashed AC27, but now flash the AC29, both times udachno.Kartu memory formatted by lukas zritele.Kakie, it seems three entries left behind, I do not trogal.Nochyu not tested it, and the day the video quality remains prezhnim.Glavnoe now says that the registrar on the Russian.

well firmware Ac29 and viewer 1.8.3.0 downloaded first time and are both up and running. For those of you who know of my past posts its something of a miracle (multiple failed attempts springs to mind) followed by somebody HELP PLEASE....... At long last I seem to have got the hang of it.o_O.....fingerscrossed.........regards ....Ipol

well firmware Ac29 and viewer 1.8.3.0 downloaded first time and are both up and running. For those of you who know of my past posts its something of a miracle (multiple failed attempts springs to mind) followed by somebody HELP PLEASE....... At long last I seem to have got the hang of it.o_O.....fingerscrossed.........regards ....Ipol

Well I heard back from the contact person at Lukas, and he told me to format the SD card using the camera, not the viewer, then install the 3 files to the SD card, then put back the card in camera , and sure enough, that fixed it. For some reason formatting the SD card in the viewer, isn't the same as doing a format using the camera.. Anyways, now I have "AC29" coming up when the camera starts.
I think if I had of read the instructions on installing the 3 files at the same time, I wouldn't have had this problem, but hey, I am a guy, we don't need instructions :)
Lukas has an amazing support team, so hats off to them !

Who at Lukas did you talk to? In my own support request i'm having a painfully slow exchange with green-sum on ebay and Lukas' contact person never replied to my direct email.

try mjyoon@qrontech.com (thats a j not an i ) Re slow response . I downloaded the Korean calender as well so that I know when their public holidays occur. There have also been a few glitches when some Emails I sent never arrived. Their Email inbox must be quite large what with dealers enquiries.....general inquiries and user suggestions for firmware updates.......some of my emails are replied to the next day....my last email dated 23rd sept has not had a reply yet .......Guess I will have to have a little patience....Regards Ipol

Who at Lukas did you talk to? In my own support request i'm having a painfully slow exchange with green-sum on ebay and Lukas' contact person never replied to my direct email.
The direct email I had , they had a hard time in responding to me, as it kept bouncing back to them, so they gave me this email address to contact him, and that works fine. kjmj0807@naver.com

The direct email I had , they had a hard time in responding to me, as it kept bouncing back to them, so they gave me this email address to contact him, and that works fine. kjmj0807@naver.com

Thank you for that! On my 8th day of broken camera with no response, I've sent that address a detailed email. Hopefully something comes of it.

They didn't answer that email either. :(

Maybe they're having trouble emailing you or trouble receiving your email, have you tried sending from a different email address?

Ah I did get an answer. It is in my SPAM box.

i downloaded the new viewer first to my computer and formatted my 64Gb Card with it, then i got the ac29 firmware and unzipped it to a 1 Gb Card.

Put the 1 Gb Card with ac29 in my LK-7500G and started it up, new firmware was installed in under a minute, turned off camera and replaced 1 Gb Card with 64 Gb Card for recording, turned on camera and all was okay :D

Lukas site is desperatly slow when downloading :(

Back