Accessory Plug Adapter for Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 2016

DarwinsFlinch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey gang - I broke off the tip off of the supplied adapter and need to solder on a new one.
Do I need one that has a specific output or does the conversion take place in camera unit?
Thanks for your answers - Rick

I suppose you mean the plug that go into the 12 V socket on your dashboard.
The plug hold the 12 to 5 volt step down circuitry, but you can also use " any " USB charger, just it need to have at least 2 A output, not having one strong enough have caused many PPL grief over time, but i have often run dashcams on USB chargers, also the many SG cameras i have tested.
But a good brand UCB charger + a new USB wire A to,,,,,,,, what ever USB the GC need as input, i can not remember if this ancient system is USB mini or micro.

JUST FYI, the new dashcams, will blow that old camera out of the water, a lot have happened since then with image sensors ASO

PS: be careful buying USB wires, some cheap ones are just CCA ( Cobber Clad Aluminium ) which are not good, you should get a cable with proper copper wires

No doubt it's old and has some annoying flaws, but good for now. Old enough to not even be USB just a simple Pos/Gnd. :cool:
But, since you mention replacing it, is there a general solvent to remove the glue holding it to the windshield?

Back