Action camera with motion detector?

vixcrack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, looking for an action camera, which has motion detector and possibly electrical powered, to use in the house. I'm looking for something to use, to capture my family, doing day to day things in the lounge and I feel an action camera might be best. Have checked on amazon and it appears most do not have motion detector. Many thanks in advance.

Gopro added motion detection in some of their cameras

Depending on your needs the Mobius action camera or the Mobius Maxi have motion detection and so these might be an option, particularly if you might like something small and discreet.

Some gopro cameras have also been known for overheating with prolonged use, but thats probably newer ones.

There are lots of home cctv systems that are specifically designed for motion detection recording. They might serve your purpose better than an action camera.

Something like the Mobius is small and discreet.
However it does not have a screen, so consider how you want to review each day's footage.

Something like the Mobius is small and discreet.
However it does not have a screen, so consider how you want to review each day's footage.
All in all, I don't imagine anyone would want to review each day's footage on a GoPro screen either. Most likely with any action camera one would probably just pop they memory card into their computer and view the footage there where they could really have a good look at what was captured.

@DrekiTech might know of an action cam with motion detect- he tests and reviews a lot of them on his YT channel :)

Some of the home-security cams like Wyze, Best, and Ring may have this function available, I really don't know for certain. Ring does this as one recorded the Surfside Condo collapse from inside one unit and it was said to have been motion activated.

There are "nanny cams" which do motion detect but I know little of those too except you don't want the one I had :rolleyes:

Phil

Back