Advice on type of Dashcam to buy

agh55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just sold my car, Renault Kadjar and purchased a Hyundai I30. In the Kadjar it had an optical camera which read speed limits and if you exceeded them it gave an audible alert. Unfortunately my I30 doesn't have this facility and I would like to purchase something similar.

Do any Dashcams offer this ability or if not can anyone recommend a device that does .

I live in the UK

Thanks in advance

The camera in the Kadjar would be purpose built for that particular function. If you find one with the desired feature, don't expect it to perform nearly as well as the one you were used to.

If it were a necessity, I'd look for a standalone device.

Hi, I have just sold my car, Renault Kadjar and purchased a Hyundai I30. In the Kadjar it had an optical camera which read speed limits and if you exceeded them it gave an audible alert. Unfortunately my I30 doesn't have this facility and I would like to purchase something similar.

Do any Dashcams offer this ability or if not can anyone recommend a device that does .

I live in the UK

Thanks in advance
Much better to do it based on the GPS location than reading the signs, some phone navigation apps will do that very nicely.

I believe some dashcams can read the signs, it is a feature built into some chipsets, however it is also a feature that is disabled in all the dashcams I know about, mainly because it doesn't work brilliantly!

A few cams have the sign-reading feature but it's erratic at best and usually doesn't work at all.

Phil

Back