Advice require on hardwiring a Road Angel Halo View dual dash cam please!

Steviejones133

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - total newbie here on these forums!

I recently bought the above dash cam for my Audi TT mk2 2007 and I also bought the manufacturer hardwire kit as well. Links below!

Dash cam:

Hardwire kit

Obviously the hardwire kit includes fuse taps to connect to the fuse box at the end of my dashboard, but I’m not entirely sure which fuses I should tap off? - obviously not critical circuits like ABS or airbags etc and I have read that as I need constant and a switched/accessory feeds, circuits such as the cigarette lighter socket fuse is good for accessory power and the radio is good for constant.

With my limited electrical knowledge, I have tried to test these two circuits.

The cigarette socket only works with the key in ignition to accessory position.

The fuse for my radio, I’ve had the car locked and alarmed with windows down to see if I could power up the radio after a few hours and yes, the radio works even when the car is locked and alarmed.

So, my questions are;

Is it safe to assume that these two fuses (both 10a) are safe to use for constant & accessory power? The fuses in the taps are 2a.

Fuse tap orientation - this is a picture of someone else’s TT fuse box where I’d be tapping from - fuses 38 for accessory and 34 for navigation/sound system. Would all the fuses have the same orientation?

IMG_2211.jpeg

If I’ve missed anything out, just let me know, but I could really do with some advice on this and confirmation of which fuses to use etc.

Huge thanks in advance of any reply

Regards
Steve.

Back