Advice

Kimmyk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wondering if someone could advise, I’ve recently bought model 222XR I paid for it to be hardwired by next base! I should of done my homework on what model to buy but I didn’t therefore I wanna upgrade, as I’m not overly impressed with 222 model, question is if I bought 422GW front and rear would it slot into the housing that was hardwired? I hope this makes sense thanks K

Welcome to the forum KimmyK. I went to the Nexebase accessory page and it appears you would need a new mount to take advantage of your shiny new 422 GPS option. It appears that other than that the mount is the same. Hope this helps.

Hello,

The hard wire kit is exactly the same for all of Series 2- so it'll work for the 222XR and 422GW. You won't need to change any of the main hard wire kit wiring.

The 422GW would come with a new GPS enabled mount, as the 222XR's mount does not have GPS. But you can use the same suction or adhesive bracket for the new mount, so that won't need to moved either.
The only issue is that the rear camera for the 222XR is not the same as a rear camera for the 422GW and cannot be used with the 422GW (the cable plug is a different size and won't fit the new cam). If you wanted a rear camera with the 422GW, you'd need to change the wiring for the rear camera and the rear camera itself to a Rear Window Camera. Here's more information: https://nextbase.co.uk/modules/rear-window-camera/

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back