After a cam, hard wired

READER84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im after a discreet camera to leave permanently fitted in my windscreen that will work off the ignition. I don't really think I need a screen on the camera. As long as video footage is good enough to use as evidence at day and night time that should be good enough. I've been looking at the DrivePro 200. Anyone vouch for it or suggest an alternative? Also I'd want to hard wire which ever cam I get so what extra kit would I need? Thanks

Im after a discreet camera to leave permanently fitted in my windscreen that will work off the ignition. I don't really think I need a screen on the camera. As long as video footage is good enough to use as evidence at day and night time that should be good enough. I've been looking at the DrivePro 200.

The DrivePro 200 is a good camera, however, it's too conspicuous for my liking, & I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it mounted when the car is parked.

I use an SGZC12RC up front & Mobius at the back...

image.jpg

DashCams don't come much more discreet than these two.

Cheers, I thought that about the DP200, looks too inviting. What version/model of Möbius should I look out for? Where would I get the wiring kit needed to hard wire? Cheers

What version/model of Möbius should I look out for? Where would I get the wiring kit needed to hard wire? Cheers

Choose between Mobius A (standard lens) & C2 (wide angle lens). Both are good lenses.

The standard lens makes objects appear closer, so it's preferred for number plate recognition. It's lens is flush within the camera body, so is less vulnerable to accidental damage.

The C2 lens provides more peripheral coverage, so gathers more evidence in the event of a side impact. It's superior to the A lens in low light conditions.

Both lenses offer a choice of user-selectable Field of View via the mSetup GUI, so if you choose the C2 & find its standard FOV too wide for your taste, you can select a narrower FOV, which also reduces any fisheye effect.

If you buy Mobius, ensure you avoid knockoffs by only buying from Mobius-approved sellers...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

For hardwiring advice see...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/229-dash-cam-hard-wiring-mobius-actioncam/

I suggest searching here for hard wired.

I also suggest using an add-a-fuse coupled to a loose 12v socket and ground. All four of my units came with a cord long enough to stretch from the fuse block around the windshield and behind the mirror. This configuration uses the manufacturer provided power cord that typically incorporates 12v to 5v converter and fuse. This method frees you to pick the dashcam to your liking.

My GT680W is approaching two years behind the windshield with no issues or comments. I had another camera in the rear window and in less than a week coworkers were asking about it. Funny they didn't the one facing the front door of our office.

Thanks, after watching the video by techmoan and having a read up I think I'm going for the Möbius wide angle, couple of questions before I order from Joovuu.com.

What does it mean by lens extension cable?

And would the suction mount be better than the stick one?

Oh and it says wide angle lens C and not C2. Should I be concerned about this?

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 9
Does that seem a decent price for what's in the basket?

Joovuu have no stock according to website so looking elsewhere in the UK

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 9
Well you havnt pursuaded me to use BangGood with those comments, lol.

What does that mean Bungus? He told me to use bang good for cheaper prices but then also said he didn't recommend them, lol

I've got a basket ready to checkout from Webbex, what else other than these bits should I order?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 6
What does that mean Bungus? He told me to use bang good for cheaper prices but then also said he didn't recommend them, lol

Some of us had bad experience with them. eg. Dashmellow, Jokiin,. Maybe you'll have better luck. Since Russ331 list Banggood as seller in UK to you, it's good that he also mention some members here have problems.

I've got a basket ready to checkout from Webbex, what else other than these bits should I order?

Micro sd card. Kingston Cl 4 recommended.

Back