Akaso Brave 7 LE help?

Offcenter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Hero 8 Black & Akaso Brave 7 LE
Gentlemen, I recently bought a Brave 7 LE.
I'm happy with it except for one thing. I cannot find a way to transfer videos to my desktop computer via USB cable.
I have tried two different cables on three different computers.
The camera does NOT show up in the file manager!
It 'should' show up as a removable drive.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!

Make sure the cable(s) you're using are data cables versus 'charge only' - there is a difference.

Thanks, but both cables work with my Hero 8, so they must be data cables.
But when I plug them into the Akaso, nothing.

Hmm, don't have any ideas beyond that. I don't have one myself so no way I can play around with it.

I did find this comment on the Akaso web site that suggests to me there may be some 'challenges' in connecting to a PC.

What should do if the computer cannot recognize the camera?
If you connect the camera with a card to a computer via a USB cable but nothing seems to happen, Please change the cable and try on another computer. Also, you can plug it into a USB 3.0 port instead of a USB 2.0.

If still not working, you can get it to work by plugging the USB cable into the docking station (like the Dell PRO2X) rather than plugging directly into the laptops. Please use Handbrake to convert and transfer all the files on the device to the PC.

From: https://support.akasotech.com/hc/en-us/articles/25274600450969-How-to-Connect-Brave-7-LE-to-a-PC

Sounds like contacting product support may be necessary.

Thanks, but no.
No docking station.
So far I've used a laptop running Win10 and two desktops running different versions of Linux.
USB3 has been tried. Nothing. It's like the camera isn't even there.
(sigh) It's a pain removing that tiny micro sd card each time to retrieve the video from it.

Back