aliexpress GS1000

ionutz72 said:
Is suspiciously cheapest.
Might not be ok?

Should you apply universal rule,if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
But who knows, maybe you get lucky.

Chinese lie a lot. Take care and find a trusted source. The price difference for the real GS1000 should be about $3. You can contact the seller before buy and tell him that you will open a dispute, report to Aliexpress, if the product is not original.
But maybe it is cheap because is without GPS, but be sure the quality to be the same as this. Even if true, the $50 difference for the GPS seems too big.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi ionutz72,

Seems too good to be true. Ambarella chip and GPS for under $40 :eek: . My guess is that it is a Novatek camera (or perhaps worse) with no GPS. Let us know what you end up getting.

DashCamMan said:
Hi ionutz72,

Seems too good to be true. Ambarella chip and GPS for under $40 :eek: . My guess is that it is a Novatek camera (or perhaps worse) with no GPS. Let us know what you end up getting.

GS1000 have different modules and use different solution, but all looks same. This cheap one use use a cheap solution,no Ambarella chip.
If you want to buy Ambarella chip GS1000,you can buy from . Also foxoffer provide the cheap GS1000 and cost $37.98 Shipped by Hongkong Post.

If you have any questions about the car dvr, foxoffer can help you. Now there are many many different modules car dvr on the market, it is very difficult to tell the difference. The big problem is some modules use different solution but all looks same.

We help you to understand the car dvr which made in china.

Just arrived.Is not ok. Is without gps and ambarella cpu..

In few days will be have one sample video.

Cloudy day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a Novatek chipset because of date font and format. My 808 #18 have the same date.
But in your video not the Novatek or the cloudy day are making your recording looking unclear. I think it is a problem (something greasy or a film) on the lens or on your windshield. Something is not OK.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi ionutz72,

Could be a Novatek or an iCatch processor. Seems like the fps is low from the video as well. Perhaps use a lower recording setting 720p or 480p and see what the video quality is like.

I bought a GS1000 from China around 9 months back and had heaps of problems with it. After 1 day, it stopped working. Sent it back and got a replacement around 4 weeks later that lasted 3 days before the same thing happened.

It said something in the manual about a "3 second delay" once the ignition is turned on to prevent "damage". Problem is, I used it in my truck amd diesel 4WD, so I needed to wait for the glow plugs to warm up. I think that's what killed them.

ETA: It had GPS and was around $200.

AdelaideTruckCam said:
It said something in the manual about a "3 second delay" once the ignition is turned on to prevent "damage". Problem is, I used it in my truck amd diesel 4WD, so I needed to wait for the glow plugs to warm up. I think that's what killed them.

wouldn't be a problem on your end

AdelaideTruckCam said:
Problem is, I used it in my truck amd diesel 4WD, so I needed to wait for the glow plugs to warm up. I think that's what killed them.

Please read here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back