All cameras ceased to record in mid October 2021 - why?

Lockgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few questions, if you would be so kind.
I have 6 of these original Mini's in my fleet (installed in 2017). I spot checked them from time to time and all has been fine. I just discovered all of them seem to have stopped recording in Mid October 2021. I'm guessing maybe they need a firmware upgrade but can't figure out where to find it.
Secondly, I can't connect via WiFi either (I have an Apple iPhone 13 Pro with Software Version 15.3.1) utilizing the app.
Lastly, I ordered a Mini5 to try out in one of the vans and see it requires a USB-C, vs the Mini USB that came with the Mini's. I ordered USB-C to Mini Adapters hoping to be able to use the pre-existing wiring. Is this going to work?
Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing maybe they need a firmware upgrade but can't figure out where to find it.
I don't think there were firmware updates after 2018-2019.
I ordered USB-C to Mini Adapters hoping to be able to use the pre-existing wiring. Is this going to work?
It will work for +5V power supply and USB storage. "intelligent" power monitor and control will not work because it uses USB-C pins not available in mini- and microUSB.

Welcome to DCT @Lockgirl :)
Considering that dashcams are consumer-grade electronics and also in that Florida heat, I'd consider replacing those; you've had a good run with them and better cams can be had today too. I also recommend checking all cams and cards every 6-8 weeks or more frequently as there's not much fun in finding yourself without the vindicating evidence you thought you had when you really need it.

Phil

Back