All driving videos being marked as "Event"

drpheta

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW-2CH
All my videos are being marked as an [E] (event) if the car is moving regardless of my sensitivity settings for the G sensor. When the car is parked (but not in parking mode yet) the videos are marked as normal. I even double checked to see that the threshold was beyond what the G sensor was recording in the advanced sensitivity settings:
oKRZhe7.jpg

I even went to the extremes setting the sensor at 0, 1, 99, and 100. Motion sensors were disabled, and parking mode was also tested with the same normal mode settings. I really don't know what else is going on. Testing parking mode shows normal G sensor function, as 1 needs a larger bump on the car (need to slam the door) than 80 does (barely closing the door sets it off).

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm going to take the steps to gain access to the Custom FW to see if that could fix it (also I want the higher bitrate for the video).

Would have thought it was a G Sensor issue but you've tried all the things that I would have tried without success. Could it be a G Sensor fault ? Has it ever worked correctly and are you using the every latest firmware (before you load custom firmware) ?

I've used the latest FW (1.003). Although, I just loaded the custom FW today, so I'll have to see if that fixes anything. In parking mode, though the G sensor appears to be working properly. Could you do me a favor though? In the BlackVue Player, what do your 3 G sensor readings display?

Mine are
- Top-Bottom: 120ish
- Left-Right: 2ish
- Front-Back: -20ish

I thought the output on the BlackVue Player for my G sensors was odd, but in the advanced sensitivity settings you see the G sensor readings look normal.

Last edited:
Cant check at moment but will when i can

Well, after flashing the new custom FW everything is working as it should now. I don't know what was wrong with the stock 1.003 FW, but the custom flash fixed it. Odd.

Watching the videos in BlackVue player shows the following G sensor readouts (not too different from before)
- Top-Bottom: 120ish
- Left-Right: 3ish
- Front-Back: -30ish

With the original FW I had to turn down the G sensor sensitivety to 10-12. If I was setting it higher I got a lot of events too.

The custom FW seems to use other G sensor settings. With that I have to set the sensitivety to 20+ to get an event while I brake very hard.

Back