All Exterior Views

JamieNYC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!
I've been using a Viofo T130 for about eight months and it's been great, except, when I really needed it last week… I was involved in an incident that occurred in a blind spot for my dash cam setup (the exterior passenger side). Now I'm considering a second T130 to solve my blind spot problem. This would let me have 4 cameras running up front, and 2 for the rear. I am particular about hardware as I do not want devices that are large or have a video display (which is why I chose the T130 as my first dash cam, but perhaps there's better options). Any advice is greatly appreciated – thanks!

I just did an experiment with the two remote cameras with the A139 Pro.
I mounted them to look out the driver & passenger windows.
Maybe this with give you an idea for something better.
Skip to 0:46 Driver Side
Skip to 1:44 Passenger Side
Skip to 4:38 Passenger Side
Skip to 5:28 Driver Side

Thank you, Uncle Buck!
…so you're running 6 cameras in this compilation? And what's up with the Crown Victoria?

Often a camera not seeing the actual deal will still be able to help, in this case if you got T-boned in a intersection, well your front camera will have you entering it under green light, and so what ever happen off camera can not be your fault.
I have myself been running side cameras for over 5 years, but i have never used their footage for anything but B-roll in my youtube uploads, my action always seem to be captured on the front camera.

If it wasent for my addiction to dashcams, and me getting provided with cameras that made it possible, i dont think i would run side cameras.
Actually right now i do not have any side cameras as the K2S system i used have died on me.

Demo of my 4 channel setup.
At a distance as it can be seen by things in the background you do have a full 360 coverage, but you do not have that right up against the car.
I am walking around the car at a distance of a few paces, so fairly close.
Side cameras are mounted on fixed glass on my rear doors, wired down thru the door and thru grommet to B pillar and then over to main unit that was under the driver seat.

Last edited:
Some do 2 systems, so system #1 they put front camera on windscreen, but remote rear camera on one of the sides, then the #2 system they put the front ( main ) unit on the rear window and the other "rear" camera on the other side.
The dow3nside to me doing this is you have a "large" main camera on the rear window and at least on my little 5 door hatch with a near flat " ass" it would be very visible and i care for stealth.

But thats one way to do it, the + is if you use 2 similar systems, well they would have the same boot up time ASO, and so their footage should be in sync more or less.

Side systems, well no one really make one for that so we have to be creative, some ( me too in the old days ) used single cameras on the side, often the mobius cameras as they are matchbox small )
I personally changed to the K2S when it was sent to me for test, and i found out that its remote cameras, well they are just 1/2 the size of other remote cameras i have seen, so very suited for putting on side duty.

Thank you, Uncle Buck!
…so you're running 6 cameras in this compilation? And what's up with the Crown Victoria?
All of the cameras were provided by Viofo for test & review. So they are just temporarily installed. A139 Pro, A229, A129 Pro, A119 Mini. Here is another option I installed in my other car with Two Separate A129 Plus Duo units to make a 4 channel system.

The Crown Vic is just my personal car I’ve owned since 2004.
-Chuck

My car even have a little fixed glass part on the front doors, but this are right by the wing mirrors so not a good place to put a side camera as the mirror are in the way.

Ideal i feel, side cameras should be a little wider field of view VS the average regular front / rear camera, not 180 deg, but 150 - 160 would be fine.

Having been watching the wham - bam tesla cam channel i have also become a little hooked on the down the side cameras, but i am not going there yet, probably first in a few years when i buy my last car.

Back