Am i missing something? Help Please

Pinhead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have received my mini 803 i had it all up and running perfectly fine. The problem i'm having is that once the memory card is full the camera will turn on, the recording light comes on briefly then goes off the unit will then turn itself off. So it does not seem to be overwriting the files on the card.
I have looked through the menu but can't seem to find anything relating to this issue. Any help would be appreciated it is my first dash cam so am a newbie to all of this so excuse my dumbness if it's a simple fix.

The unit was purchased from a recommended retailer from this forum. I have a 32gb Samsung class 6 card in it purchased and sold by Amazon and the unit is running Firmware version FW20140510 V1.0

Many Thanks in advance

Thanks for your quick reply. i assumed it would be something to do with what you suggested but i can't find anything that mentions loop in the menu :/

the options i have in menu are as follows, with current settings

Resolution = 2304x1296 30p 16:9
Quality = s.fine
AE Meter mode = Center
WDR = On
LDWS detect = Off
LDWS Calibration
Flicker = Auto
White Balance = Auto
EV = 0
Recycle = 3 mins
Motion Detect =On
Time Setup
Auto power off = 1 min
Power off screen = 1 min
Date/time
Driver number
Gsensor sensitive =3G
G-sensor calibration
GPS =on
Velocity unit =mph
Default setting
Format
Software version

Thanks again

Last edited:
You've got motion detect on and auto off set to 1 minute, after a minute of no activity the camera will power off

Suggest not using motion detect as it doesn't work well, if do want to use it though you'll need to set the auto off setting to OFF so that the camera stays powered during periods of inactivity

Ah ok i assumed motion detect on would wake camera up in conjunction with Gsensor. Thanks for clarifying that. I have turned motion detect off now. Do you think this was causing the problem? i'll try it out next time i'm in car.

Thanks for your speedy reply

That in combination with your short auto off setting was the issue, if motion detect is on auto off needs to be off

Ah ok i assumed motion detect on would wake camera up in conjunction with Gsensor.
No, these are 2 differents things.
Motion detection detects a moving object, and as @jokiin says, the camera should stay on, but it does not work as great as it should.
Gsensor lock the file to pretect it from deletion after an accident or a shock.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I have turned motion detect off and re formatted the card. Hopefully now it will overwrite the files when card full.

Back