Ambarella A7L-A Processor

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was just informed of the Ambarella A7L-A Processor that was released in January. This is the first time I have seen a processor that is specifically targeting the automotive camera market. I imagine Ambarella is seeing some growth in this area.

Some interesting points:

- Full 1080p30 HD single and dual-view camera configurations
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) technology combines lane change detection with visual or audio driver alerts

Many people are looking for 1080p for both the front and rear cameras, yet none exist on the market. Perhaps we will see some in the near future based on this processor. No mention of WiFi but the Ambarella A7L released in 2011 appears to have this capability.

we've purchased the A7 SDK already and will be looking at doing cameras based on this platform, probably some time away as yet, still doing some new A2 and A5 versions as well which should come to market before these

jokiin said:
we've purchased the A7 SDK already and will be looking at doing cameras based on this platform, probably some time away as yet, still doing some new A2 and A5 versions as well which should come to market before these

Hi Jokiin,

I'm running a uk based prototyping company and I'm looking for a b2b company that can help us building a specialty camera prototype. The specs of the A7L looks like a good fit but we have certain special needs that I can outline via email.

Would this be something you / your company would be interested in? We have a budget for this and would like the prototyping company to also do manufacturing.

Please let me know oddpixel (at) me.com
Best regards,
//O.

Odd said:
jokiin said:

Hi Jokiin,

I'm running a uk based prototyping company and I'm looking for a b2b company that can help us building a specialty camera prototype. The specs of the A7L looks like a good fit but we have certain special needs that I can outline via email.

Would this be something you / your company would be interested in? We have a budget for this and would like the prototyping company to also do manufacturing.

Please let me know oddpixel (at) me.com
Best regards,
//O.

no problem, will send you an email and you can let me know what need

Back