Annoying background noise.

I hear silence - very annoying...

Did you post the one without the flaw?

Hey Nigel!

Just checked on Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Chrome for iPhone. Yes, it's the right one.

Last edited:
Yeah I can hear the noise here too - it sounds electronic - potentially faulty?

https://soundcloud.com/quidagis-1/mini-0803-noisewav

I own two 0803's, only one has this flaw. Any ideas how to fix it?
Mine does this, but only when there is no other noise. I originally thought that it was engine noise because it was only there when we were stationary - at trafic lights for instance, and I do have a noisy engine. Then I noticed it when the engine was stopped, so realised that it wasn't that. It doesn't really bother me to be honest as the sound is ok whilst on the move and I usually have the sound turned down when viewing clips.
Glad someone else has this 'problem' though, shows it's not just mine :)

Frank

Hey Nigel!

Just checked on Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Chrome for iPhone. Yes, it's the right one.
Well I still can't hear anything but can hear other stuff on that website so I will give up and just use reverend's description!

I think a small amount of electronic background noise (modem like) is normal, mine has a little and it seems to have changed since I changed my memory card to a faster one. But it should be drowned out by the foreground noise unless you are parked with the engine off.

Certain chipsets can be prone to self generated noises. Some have it worse than others. @jokiin has commented on this from time to time. In fact, that is how I learned of this phenomenon.

I've been fortunate and not experienced noise in any of my cameras.

Have you tried to decipher the code? Maybe it's trying to communicate!

I own two 0803's, only one has this flaw. Any ideas how to fix it?
I did wonder if it was noise on the power supply, don't suppose the noise on yours stays with the power supply if you swap the cameras over? Or maybe you only have GPS on one?

I did wonder if it was noise on the power supply, don't suppose the noise on yours stays with the power supply if you swap the cameras over? Or maybe you only have GPS on one?

Swapped... same problem. Both have GPS.

It seems I will have to live with that, like many people out there.

Swapped... same problem. Both have GPS.

It seems I will have to live with that, like many people out there.
Tried mine this morning running on it's internal battery and well away from the van. No difference :(

Frank

Back