Annoying speech

Spookyjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway of turning down the volume of the annoying speech, had a look in the manual but can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway of turning down the volume of the annoying speech, had a look in the manual but can't seem to find anything.
You can't turn off the boot up message "continous recording will now begin...." but you can turn off all the other alerts by either using the app on your smartphone or changing the settings file on your SD card and turning down the volume in the system settings.

I find it great that it speak to me; tells me it works;

(As an ex Blackvu owner, this is very reassuring...)

You can't turn off the boot up message "continous recording will now begin...." but you can turn off all the other alerts by either using the app on your smartphone or changing the settings file on your SD card and turning down the volume in the system settings.

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to just turn the volume down, when you say change the settings on the SD card do you mean via the app? I did see a volume setting in the app it was on setting number 1 the only other option was 0

There should be 4 volume options, 0, 1, 2 or 3. I believe that 0 should turn all messages off but I haven't tried it myself.
BTW you can change setting both in the mobile app and also in the PC/Mac dashcam viewer SW.

They broke in to my car the other day, and the camera did catch the sh*theads on film.
(may my ipod give them permanent ear damage and my ray ben's poke their eye out!)

However the camera also beeped a few times as the shock sensors were activated,
and this could potential have attracted attention to the camera (luckily not this time!)

It seems that the only way to turn off this beeping sound is to switch off speech completely.

It would be nice if we could more specifically choose when we want to hear speech and/or alerts.

Reactions: e1.
I'm very sorry to learn of your misfortune. I hope the police catch them.
I think you make a very good point. It could at least disable sounds once parking mode is activated. Perhaps you should make the suggestion directly to Thinkware?

Thinksware contacts here. I guess you can choose between Benelux and UK. I got good responses from UK tech support.

but do they take such f/w suggestions in consideration or is it better to contact HQ for that...?

Well it was UK tech support who told me they might extend the parking timer beyond 48 hours.

good luck with giving them suggestions, to one specific issue I had they told be to go buy a Mac. ive not seen anything at all that even suggests that theses ideas are getting considered. The device is good but don't expect much more than "basic" after sales support.

I would love an option for speed cameras to disable the mobile camera zone speech but leave the static camera notifications. Unfortunately it looks like all or none.

Tell me honestly - how would you then feel if you got caught by a mobile speed camera that you missed? :)

Tell me honestly - how would you then feel if you got caught by a mobile speed camera that you missed? :)

If it told you that you are entering a mobile camera zone once then that is fine. But it tells you every 10 - 20 seconds. The alerts are not speed aware so even if you are travelling under the speed limit and are in a mobile speed zone for 5 - 10 miles then you could do without the voice repeating the same thing over and over.

If it was the case that it would nag me if i was over the speed limit then i would be happy with that but it does not seem to have that level of intelligence and therefore gets very annoying.

I don't disagree with you, and in fact mine sometimes repeats the message after as little as 1 second! I find it annoying, but my last ticket (a while ago now) was due to a mobile speed camera (positioned only a short distance before a 30mph zone became a 40mph zone and I was caught doing 33mph as I accelerated too early), so I just accept that it is still doing me a favour!

Ouch! 33mph in a 30! They must have been low on numbers that month.

I would rather have the notification to warn me than not. Maybe we can request a little more flexibility in a future firmware from thinkware or speed aware notifications as a feature on a new model?

Anyone know of the process to send ideas / feature requests to thinkware?
I might drop a mail to their support anyway.

But overall i love this dashcam. Really great at night too :)

I don't disagree with you, and in fact mine sometimes repeats the message after as little as 1 second! I find it annoying, but my last ticket (a while ago now) was due to a mobile speed camera (positioned only a short distance before a 30mph zone became a 40mph zone and I was caught doing 33mph as I accelerated too early), so I just accept that it is still doing me a favour!

I got good responses from the UK support team. It will be interesting to see if the F770 gets a better UI.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Thinkware Other 30
Back