Annoying that changing settings formats the SD-CARD.

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I went o fix the time and DST on my wife's cam and it formatted the SD-CARD, all video lost and there was one she wanted to keep. I get that the time change puts videos out of sync, but maybe rename those or something.

I am not familiar with theses, but it sound strange it should want to format the card just CUZ you made some setting change, not least if it was just time zone / DST adjustment.
Hopefully one of the people wise to this brand can help you.

I went o fix the time and DST on my wife's cam and it formatted the SD-CARD, all video lost and there was one she wanted to keep. I get that the time change puts videos out of sync, but maybe rename those or...
There are only a couple changes on Blackvue dashcams that require reformatting of sd card... and changing "Time" is one of them. - Blackvue gives clear instructions before you reformat that if you reformat, you will lose all recorded videos.

With that being said, there was a recent post here on DCT which I'll find in a minute for you. Just because you reformatted your sd card does not mean you have lost all recordings... they can be recovered as long as you remove your SD card from the dashcam before much recording can be done over prior videos.

I'll be back with a link...

Edit:

Here you go... go down to post #12. Hopefully that gives you what you need so you can retrieve your wife's video. - Good luck!

Edit 2-

I checked around here on DCT and found great contributors like SawMaster, Kamkar and our esteemed, late-Jokiin discussing sd card recovery in July, 2021. The one app that seems to have gotten lots of thumbs-ups is Wondershare Repairit.... And it's free! - The thread I referred to mentions corrupt sd cards, but applies to formatted cards as well.

Here's a link to Repairit:

Link to thread where it's mentioned:

Last edited:
Back