Another door ding!

joe384

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 3CH, A139 2CH, Mobius w/ Varifocal Zoom
So it happened again was looking at my car door today and noticed another ding in the passenger door. Not as bad as last time thankfully, but can't really assess until Ive cleaned the car up.

Because of the overheating issues I'd started parking in the underground car park. I didn't have my side cameras setup but I was able to pinpoint when it occurred pretty much as before. (Door dings can be heard on the mic)

Looks like I'll have to go back to using the other car park (run the risk of dashcam overheating, but a lot less busy as it's 10 mins walk from the office)

Did it trigger your G-Force parking detection? This is exactly why I would like to have it read out how many impacts there are, when you return to your car after parking mode.

No, this is something I mentioned back on here with the test units of the A139. I have it on high sensivity. Even getting in/out the door, rarely sets it off, probably about 5-10% of the time.

My old DR590's were a lot more sensitive (and would let you know of any impacts when it switched to driving mode) but video quality was poor

Back