Another noob..........

X6Sport

Reaction score
Evening All,

Just started researching dashcams to go into my X6 and came across this little group.... :D

Seems to be a complex subject, but I am sure of a few things. Whatever I get must be Full HD as a minimum with GPS and Speed data showing - and must have a good bit rate otherwise the image quality falls off. 25Mbps would be nice, but probably a little out of reach unless I buy an HD Camcorder with a GPS capability like the new Canon models!! They come kinda pricey, and not very discrete.

The new Pittasoft Blackvue 500 model looks like a good option, but only with modified firmware (there seems to be a long thread hereabouts somewhere on that matter) to bring the data rate up from it's current pitiful 7.5 Mbps. Hopefully the overheating issues that plagued the 400 models has gone away on the new versions.

I have lots of reading to do, and probably some stupid questions to ask. :oops:

anything above 15Mbs is overkill, you'd just end up with very little recording time for the card space you have

25Mbps was very tongue in cheek, 10-12Mbps will do just fine. 7.5 is just too slow, but I can see why they did it, as you rightly point out there has to be a balance between quality and recording time. I would opt to use 32MB capacity cards anyway.

:)

X6Sport said:
25Mbps was very tongue in cheek, 10-12Mbps will do just fine. 7.5 is just too slow, but I can see why they did it, as you rightly point out there has to be a balance between quality and recording time. I would opt to use 32MB capacity cards anyway.

:)

12 is a good balance between space and quality

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bombcat91 Introductions 3
W Introductions 5
T Introductions 22
A Introductions 0
C Introductions 2
Back