Another Rookie

bombcat91

Reaction score
Country
Guadeloupe
Dash Cam
Garmin Dash Cam 45 / BlackVue DR900S-2CH
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum after having desperately looked for some dash cam enthusiasts all around the web (well, for 5 minutes to be honest...)
About me, nothing really interesting. I grew up on a small Caribbean island called Saint Martin, and used to move around pretty often, ending in some places in Europe, Canada, and now in the U.S. (Florida to be precise)
Also, I'm a real newbie in the world of dash cams, having only started in January with a Garmin 45, and now a DR900S since yesterday.

See you all around.

(By the way, sorry for any grammar and orthographic faults. English is not my first language and I still have a lot to learn)

Welcome, bombcat91! :cigar:

What was your favorite place to live so far?

Welcome to the party bombcat91.

Saint Martin are not far from the former Danish islands in the area ( which we should have never sold to the Americans, though that deal did underwrite our ownership of a much larger iceland named Greenland )

Travel are good, i have not been to Africa and Antarctica,,,,, and thats about it, and i wish really hard i could start traveling again but this time not work related.

Welcome, bombcat91! :cigar:

What was your favorite place to live so far?

Thank you!

Pretty hard to tell... every location having its good and bad points. SXM is missing to me sometime, but the place is a real mess and not on the way to turn better, alas. Canada was my best social experience, the people being incredibly warm and friendly. At the time I was in the Quebec province, some public services and forces were on strike but not allowed to make demonstrations, so some were totally covering their ambulances and fire trucks of stickers, while others were more... personal (I will never forget this policewoman who was wearing a standard top uniform, and a fuchsia pink camouflage pants)
Florida is really nice too, the high majority of the people being pretty cool (excepted when they are behind the wheel), and the most incredible to me: being close to the Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral A.F.S. To see at least a single launch was a kid dream, and here it became a reality (I only attended 13 of them for now but will not complain, it's already awesome)

Welcome to the party bombcat91.

Saint Martin are not far from the former Danish islands in the area ( which we should have never sold to the Americans, though that deal did underwrite our ownership of a much larger iceland named Greenland )

Travel are good, i have not been to Africa and Antarctica,,,,, and thats about it, and i wish really hard i could start traveling again but this time not work related.

Thanks!

Indeed, SXM is only at 180 km ENE from St. Croix and approximately the same distance ESE from St. Thomas and St. Jan. I used to land at the second one during a small trip and coming back from San Juan and the doomed island of Vieques.
Just like you, I wish I could restart to move around a bit more. After all, if I'm not counting the Lesser Antilles, I just went to a handful of different nations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Introductions 5
T Introductions 22
A Introductions 0
C Introductions 2
Jaxxa Introductions 0
Back