Any difference between A139 3ch and 2ch?

LaLaLandPaddy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't care about the in-car cam. I just want a quality reliable 2ch with the least complexities. Complexity equals problems in my mind.
1. Is the A139 2ch just an A139 3ch without the in-car cam?
2. A good parking mode is a major desire. A major concern is energy conservation and storage as my vehicles are often parked for lengthy periods.

Thanks

Yes, the 2 ch is basically the same just without the inside cam.

But it sort of defeats the purpose of this model if you're not buying it for the inside cam as well. You could choose the A129 Plus or Pro, offering similar quality and features.

I presume the hardware and software of the 139 is improved over
the 129 plus it is smaller and I can do without the 129's screen.

I think volume wise the A139 are the same size than other viofo cameras, it is "much! wider ( even not factoring in the lens part ) but then not as tall as conventional wedge shaped cameras.
While still wedge shaped i do myself consider the A139 as a hybrid camera, a mix of wedge shape and barrel shape.

I do myself prefer cameras with a LCD, but of course not to have it on all the time, that would be insane, but the 5 - 10 seconds it take before the LCD go out i can easy deal with.
Actually i have a test camera from another brand, which i would do setting changes to using wifi and my phone, but for unknown reasons my phones or tablets just can no longer connect to that camera, so very fortunate it have a screen and buttons so i can still use it.
BUT ! that is of course a rare occurrence and neither me or the maker can figure out what the hell is going on with that camera, we have tried every play in the book but it just will not work even if it do broadcast a nice strong wifi signal.

My A139 fortunately do not have a problem like that, the wifi work fine on that model

Last edited:
I think volume wise the A139 are the same size than other viofo cameras, it is "much! wider ( even not factoring in the lens part ) but then not as tall as conventional wedge shaped cameras.
While still wedge shaped i do myself consider the A139 as a hybrid camera, a mix of wedge shape and barrel shape.
It is almost exactly the same size, just rotated 90 degrees. Only real difference is that on the A139 the lens sticks out as an extension at the side, so if you put the camera on the dotted area then all you can see from outside is the lens, while with the A129 the lens is in the middle at the bottom so you have to expose the whole bottom beyond the dotted area. Which is best depends on the car and what area is available for mounting, although as the OP suggested, the A139 is the newer camera and likely to have better ongoing support, plus it has better sound quality, better voice quality (it has a voice), better wifi (lot faster), and the option of 3 channels. It also uses more power, but only significantly more if you are using more channels.

Actually i have a test camera, which i would do setting changes to using wifi and my phone, but for unknown reasons my phones or tablets just can no longer connect to that camera, so very fortunate it have a screen and buttons so i can still use it.
You forgot to point out that this is not an A139, or even a Viofo camera, slightly confusing!

I presume the hardware and software of the 139 is improved over
the 129 plus it is smaller and I can do without the 129's screen.
Personally I like the A139, and I prefer the voice to the screen, but both are good cameras. I think the A139 is winning on reliability, the connection to the remote cameras seems more reliable, especially if you need a long cable, the thin remote camera cable is definitely preferable, it seems to handle difficult memory cards better than any other cameras. Only negatives are that it is still rather new so there may be new firmwares coming, although it is only minor issues left and most issues seem to be sorted in the latest release.

slightly confusing!

I agree i have edited my post.

with A139 you have a wider part peeking out below the dotted area, with one of the other models that part is less wide, and it is symmetric with the lens in the middle, the asymmetry of the A139 draw attention to it,,,,, well at least for me personally it do.
Not in a big way but people who are super conscious about how a system will appear on the windscreen of their car should have this in consideration, while i do also weigh stealth high, then me testing and having many cameras on windscreen probably make it a little natural to not care as much for this as i otherwise say i do.

And i think if i could get a camera like the A139 in the traditional wedge design, i would probably weight it over the A139 if i was a regular guy shopping for 1 system ( factoring in the mounting options in my particular car )

I also thing for car with a sensor array on the windscreen, even if they also often have a dotted area flanking that, then the A139 design, sort of dictate what side of that array you must install it for the best result.
Not sure the lens part as it is, would then be a + as it could peek out to the side of the dotted area, cuz i think it will have to be much to the side to mot have dots in the field of view.

Thanks! The 139 will work much better than the 129 in my Volvo XC60.
Of course the windscreen of my Ford F350 is about the size of Liechtenstein
so it will not matter in it. The thinner cable is a very nicefeature.

The thin cam cable of the A139 is nice; just remember it has a minimum bend radius of about 4"/100mm, or about how it is packed in the box.

I would recommend the A139 as it has proven to be trouble-free (perhaps with the exception of the g-sensor). Everything just works as it should, whereas there seems to still be a bug or two with the A129 series at least with some users. Lots of detailed menu choices in the A139 like mirroring and reversing image on the remote cams, parking mode timer, etc. And all cams work for the motion-detect parking, not just the front one. Being a newer design it should incorporate what has been learned with the older cams to make it better. If there's a real drawback, it is that the lens is on one side, so a well-centered view might not be as easy based on how it's mounted.

Phil

Back