Any dual dashcams that connect to each other wirelessly?

ergwervqereq

Reaction score
Country
United States
After having 2 -- yes, 2 -- wires connecting the rear cam to the front/main cam go faulty with my Viofo A129 Plus Duo, I'm wondering if there are dual camera systems that talk to each other wirelessly? There is a power/cigarette outlet near the rear window, so powering the rear cam isn't a problem. I'm just trying to avoid the headache and cost of re-running the wire between the cameras under the cabin ceiling panels.

Have you been having interference issues or what?

I don't think I've seen any that operate this way. It'd be a pretty fair amount of data to push and if each dashcam already has its own power source, you've basically got the setup to run a pair of 1CH dashcams. If you really want to control the rear dashcam, you can always get a remote BT button to trigger the camera from behind or something.

Not interference issues. This is the second time it seems like the Viofo cable has died on me. And it's super-frustrating (and costly) to keep having to replace it and wire it under the interior panels.

Not interference issues. This is the second time it seems like the Viofo cable has died on me. And it's super-frustrating (and costly) to keep having to replace it and wire it under the interior panels.
Of course. Those are a PITA to rerun.

I'm just curious what could cause that. Was something getting pinched somewhere? How can you tell it was a cable issue and not a connector issue or something?

Either way, a pair of 1CH dashcams is probably gonna be your best bet.

Back