Any info on this car that looks like a Caddy UTE?

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Just saw the above car in this video fro the first time ever.
At about 7:25 in the video if the link does not work right.
It looks like a Cadillac UTE. The guy seems to mention a Parris? and it looks like it has a sail pannel badge that says that.

I have never seen this car before. Does anyone have any info on it?
Thanks.

UTE style car/trucks
A '98 EU version
a "unique"
More common (because of taxes)
S0-Une-Porsche-928-S4-pick-up-a-vendre-sur-E-bay-61670.jpg

does this subaru baja count as a ute since it has 4 doors? the back seat is REALLY cramped - basically only kids can sit back there. and yes this is an actual production vehicle, not a one-off that some conversion company made.
10864424.jpg

When i worked on the ferrys in Aarhus in the late 90ties we often had a handicapped guy with us, his handicap car was a C4 corvette.

I always hoped as a taxpayer that i was not a part of financing that car, but i am affraid i too had to cough up a little towards his sweet corvette.

To explain the car the original rear window of the C4 was removed and replaced with a vertical window, and then there was a small bed put in, proberly making it the worlds smallest UTE in regard to the bed at least.

I saw that car as 1 big joke on the Danish tax payers, and i assume a part reason to why help and aid to handicapped ppl here have gone down every year.

Simmilar hoops have been jumped here with big Mercedes cars to get them cheaper than the 300% tax we have on cars, another trick is to get the car regged as a camper, but then there is some camping gear that have to be in the car all the time.
Acording to police programmes on TV this is somthing ppl who own a porche cayenne campers tend to forget to have in the camper, resulting in monumental fines :D

does this subaru baja count as a ute since it has 4 doors?
I almost bought one, but I wanted something newer.
Subaru also made the BRAT for a few years.
ckvdJ2O.jpg

Some of you might know it as the Brumby.

hehe i know it as a RC model from tamiya.
d70_4125-edit.jpg

I almost bought one, but I wanted something newer.
Subaru also made the BRAT for a few years.....
Be glad you didn't get it. My neighbor had one and said it was perfectly useless except as a toy. Not enough passenger room, not enough cargo capacity, not enough power...

I was just noticing how similar the Baja looks to the impreza... Wonder how hard it would be to swap in a wrx drivetrain and suspension... :)

Would have to get rid of that stupid body side cladding though...

Be glad you didn't get it. My neighbor had one and said it was perfectly useless except as a toy. Not enough passenger room, not enough cargo capacity, not enough power...
Thanks for helping me feel better. I was looking to buy one because I have a family member who uses a mobility scooter and I not supposed to tow with my Subaru (or my Camaro of course) Some did come with a Turbo though, but a lot were 5 speeds with the Turbo, and I know the Legacy GT had trouble blowing Motors and Turbos

does this subaru baja count as a ute since it has 4 doors? the back seat is REALLY cramped
It's more a crossbreed between a station wagon and a 4x4 :D
Speaking about the back seat, this is the video I wanted to add for the '98 Skoda Felicia to show the solution they found for the back seat (>@1:00 mark):
Datsun U620
aqkj2qdse4gn5dx3zrwf.jpg

Back