Any new version coming?

libertarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
With the reported issues on this camera I don't want to buy at this point. But I can't really find any other camera with better features either. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything if the company is working on a new version that addresses the issues? And I don't really want to buy an older model either even if the 750 seems to be more reliable.

The newer software has seemed to improve the DR900S quite a bit from the (lack of) sounds of it.

I don't think you should expect to see a new model from BlackVue until at least a year from now (I have no source, but the DR900S only came out in what April? May?)
(I mean technically BV does have an alternate version of the DR900S but not in North America)

I'm using the DR750S and they're still releasing firmware updates so, being an older model isn't an issue (IMO) (also it only came out in August of 2017, so hardly old.)

Dashcams aren't similar to a smartphone, where buying an older one may bite you in the behind later on.
The hardware in dashcams doesn't progress as quick, so you'll likely see people who have been using the same dashcam for multiple years.

Back