Any review for DR03?

Looks like it's a new version of their DR02J, but with a suction cup front camera rather than a wedge design.

1538993967347.png

The IMX323 sensor is not as light-sensitive as the IMX291 in the A129. No GPS included with DR03.

TL;DR bought one on prime day will review and share some footage when I get a chance.

Bought one a week or two ago. Took a few hours to install properly with a fuse box hardwire kit, I found an empty fuse slot that had power without ignition in my Jetta Mk6. Running behind drivers door seal then behind the a-pillar cover and under the headliner to the mirror. For the wire to the back camera I ran most of it under the headliner around te passenger side perimeter. I was quite surprised by how long the cable was, I had about 4-6 feet of extra cable which I bundled with zip ties and tucked into an empty space in the c-pillar then continued to the rear tinted window.

Yesterday I took the card out for the first time to look at a bit of footage, I only took a quick look at a few seconds of video. The first thing I noticed, was I could see a strong reflection of the dash in the front and same in the back, however that is more or less irrelevant since it is circumstantial, however if you buy one, or any dash cam for that matter get a filter lens for it. I haven’t yet. The second thing I noticed, the quality was not very good, not compared to the videos/stills I have seen posted from the DR02, though it may be the settings I’m using or the reflection messing it up. The last thing I noticed was that the tint on the back window made very little difference to the brightness and colour of the rear image.

Also as Tony mentioned, there is no GPS, however I believe you can purchase an adaptor like you can for the DR02

Again I’ll take a look at some footage and post some in a bit.
4FE72644-3A7F-4EDE-8899-1CB4AA428619.jpeg94821203-AE86-4106-A323-4E2EB0D442B3.jpeg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Aukey 2
Back