Any thoughts on Azdome JYX02 hardwire kit?

Reeve

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all,

dipping my toes into dashcams after someone dinged my car door without leaving a note. whats wrong with this world? (because a dinged car door is the worst thing happening in the world.....)

I've bought a KAWA dashcam (possible cheap junk, but, it was cheap :ROFLMAO:, so if it works and I like having a dashcam, I'll upgrade later), and the KAWA has a parking mode with shock sensor, but obviously it needs to be wired in.

KAWA don't sell a hardwire kit themselves, but I looked around and found an azdome hardwire kit - JYX02 with mini-USB connector ( https://www.azdomevip.com/products/...ni-usb-hardwiring-kit-dvr-power-adapter-cable ). I've googled and youtubed and cannot find much information about them.

Has anyone used one? Can anyone comment on quality etc? Azdome advertise it as being for specific dashcam models, but surely its universal? Its just sending power? I've checked the amps for my dashcam, it needs 2.0 and the hardwire kit can output 2.5. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Okay so that was a lot of rambling text, lets make this easier:

1. Has anyone used the azdome JYX02, and can provide feedback?
2. To me, it seems universal, is this a correct assumption?

Thanks all! :)

Back