Any way of checking battery status inside the cabin?

mbc0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently installed an Iroad power pack plus which if it worked would have been great as I love having the app to tell me the battery status but as confirmed by Iroad it appears the batteries are shot (charges 0-100% in less than 10 mins)

I have now bought a Power Core 6200LFP (HW) which should be a more reliable product but as it has no bluetooth etc I cannot see what the battery charge state is? it will be mounted underneath my false floor so not easily accessible to check the led status, is there anyone else in the same boat or do you just not worry about it and hope you have enough charge? I would love to find some kind of retro-fit way of checking the battery status inside the cabin.

TIA!

You can check the recordings on the card occasionally, then you will know how long the battery is lasting, and that everything else is working too. The battery is only one small piece of the system!

Yeah you could let the system run as long as it want to / can do, from the fully charged battery, then you at least know the max duration by looking at the recorded video time stamps / file names.
Of course there are then variables, if you use motion detect the camera do not record all the time so that depend on motion at the time, but if you use low bitrate like i do the discharge are constant as the camera are recording all the time.
However long you can expect from a partial charge is another problem, but even if you had the ability to know, via a gauge or a number in a app, at least i personally would not check that upon exiting the car.

I became a bit obsessed with the Iroad app, was nice to see how long until full charge, how long the camera & wifi would run before depletion, battery temp etc, I just love a gadget & tech so now I have installed the Power Core although I know it will be better quality etc I am struggling with the unknown, one week I could do 1000 miles another I could do 20.

I bought the radar for my U1000 dual but when I realised I cannot view remotely in radar mode and also if there is movement at the rear of the car the camera would not start recording because the radar was at the front I also have switched to low bitrate mode for maximum protection and I can use the live view when I want.

As you say I just need to see how long it will last from a full charge but annoying I have to empty my boot and false floor to see IF it is fully charged

I understand your issue, but unless you are going to drive an extra 10 minutes to give it the extra charge when you find that it doesn't have sufficient, then it doesn't really matter, it is either working acceptably, or not working acceptably!

Since you have the camera remotely accessible, you can always check that it is still powered, and do so remotely if you wish..

Back