anyone got the Vodafone sim (UK) all connected up ? need help

Shiwarrior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
being a Sunday
i got my 970x LTE installed

trying to register the sim card etc
i cant find the bloody mobile number anywhere !!

any ideas what to do ?

i cant find a way to register sim card online to get a number

Maybe you could put the sim card in a phone, the phone will tell you the number.
Seems odd that it is not in the documentation though!

thanks for that
just not easy to do right now
im going to call the blackvue help number tomorrow and see what they say
ive got the IMIE number, but i cant find out how to register the sim card on the vodafone website to get the number

I would assume you have to put it in a phone first to activate the SIM card, and maybe there get other INFO you would need to enter into the camera.
Still have not tried a smart camera, so i am guesstimating here.

The dride 4K i was supposed to test, seem to need a lot of info about things i know nothing about as a avid phone hater, so i am sort of glad that system are so troubled i will probably never need to get a SIM card for it.

I don't recall using any number.

I just set it up using the Vodafone smart app and linked it to my phone account

I managed to get it working, you put the vodafone app on your phone, put your own phone number is to register the app, then it asks your for the dashcam details (inc IMIE number) to activate the sim card :)
what i found odd, when it asked to input my IMEI number, i tried it like 5 times, still won't not work, so i inputted the number on the back of the sim packaging (not the IMEI number) and it worked!

I don't recall using any number.

I just set it up using the Vodafone smart app and linked it to my phone account

i don't have a vodafone account / sim card etc with them, that's why you didn't have to :)

Back