Anyone use Invisicord on this?

SndChsr

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone here is using Invisicord to power this camera up, instead of the hardwire kit. I assume this camera runs on 5V?
Thank you.

Yes,camera runs on 5V,and how about the output power to camera from this Invisicord?

On the manufacturer's website Invisicord there is no information on the power of the converter from 12 V to 5 V (the current that this "micro adapter" provides) that they use

On the manufacturer's website Invisicord there is no information on the power of the converter from 12 V to 5 V (the current that this "micro adapter" provides) that they use

I've had a conversation with them about this and indeed, this steps down the voltage from 12v to 5v. In fact, I've used another 5v camera with this very successfully. I've also confirmed that the Mini will have no issues getting power via invisicord.

would be less than the fuse rating

No idea on that. I've had it power up my Aukey cam perfectly and if you don't want parking mode, than this is (IMHO) the best way to go. No running wires into the fusebox...almost instant installation. Fantastic for radar detectors as well!

Back