Apeman C770 Dash cam

Lovebirds

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello: new to the forum so I guess you can call me a newbie.
I have been looking at the Apeman C770 and did a search on this forum and nothing was found.
Now I'm retired and use the car for occasional personal use ,but would like the parking feature for parking at stores, doctor appointments, etc.

Anybody have one and their opinion on it.

I did see some reviews on Amazon but have a few questions.
What hard wire kit would this use to use the parking features. I know it has to have a "micro USB" connector,
but a 2 wire (battery & ground) or a 3 wire (battery & Accessory & ground) hard wire kit.

Thanks in Advance for any information.

Hi Lovebirds. And welcome to the forum.
The Apeman cameras don't see much mentioning in here, so hard to say anything about those, and you have to be careful about amazon and ebay reviews.
Most times to take advantage of the parking modes in cameras you need a hard wire kit from the same brand, and these are often 3 wire kits today, generic hard wire kids you have to be careful with, some can be really bad as i understand it.
I have not really used parking mode in any camera yet, but when i do get to use that daily i will want it to be on a timer as i only need that for a hour or two, and then if i need more i can just up the timer, and have low voltage cut off as a extra precaution.
BUT ! as i understand if few dashcams have the option to do a timer shut off too, so if you enable parking mode it just seem to run and run until you hit low voltage, so if you don't need it much i think it is better to keep a high voltage cut off like 12.4 volts.

PS: just googled the camera, and i am not sure it is a true 4K camera, some extrapolate 4K footage from a lower resolution sensor, but that do not mean better footage, it is like digital zooming into a picture on the computer.
In that case your output footage are indeed 4K, but it is captured with a sensor smaller like that, so its like taking a sweet Dodge charger and putting in a VW engine from a Jetta.

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT @Lovebirds :) I remember seeing the "Apeman" brand mentioned here a few times in past years, and I did a bit of research on it back then. It was then and probably still is a lesser-grade product compared to the cams we usually discuss here, something like the "Rexing" brand cams. I do recall seeing comments ranging from non-working features to DOA reports on them. There are worse cams than this being made but don't take this as an endorsement from me. I personally would not believe any quoted specs without seeing something that verifies them as these types of dashcam products almost always exaggerate claims and manipulate review ratings on sales pages to make their products sell better. I am quite fond of saying that "you don't get what you don't pay for" and good cams with true 4K resolution are not cheap.

I have a hunch that "Apeman" might be a more well-known dashcam makers economy brand which they do not want to have connected to their main product brand for obvious reasons. No proof of that, only a hunch.

Research well before buying and buy through places and methods which facilitate refunds in case you should find that things aren't the way they're supposed to be.

Phil

PS: just googled the camera, and i am not sure it is a true 4K camera, some extrapolate 4K footage from a lower resolution sensor, but that do not mean better footage, it is like digital zooming into a picture on the computer.
In that case your output footage are indeed 4K, but it is captured with a sensor smaller like that, so its like taking a sweet Dodge charger and putting in a VW engine from a Jetta.
yes it's interpolated, not real 4k

Back